News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Butterstone Bashery Chapped

Started by Wildfisher, February 16, 2013, 08:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Saw this on fly forums. Many of these places seem to be struggling.

http://www.butterstonelochfishings.co.uk/index.php

Not really much of an issue  for those interested in fishing for real fish, but it is sad in a way to see a long established fishing loch being closed.  I remember fishing there in the mid 1970s when it was owned by Hewlett Packard and fishing for rainbows was not the pathetic circus it is now.

I wonder what will happen to it now? It is a very good pike loch.

shad

Never been, had heard about the Pike though.

Big fancy lodge they have looking at the website, shame for the employees.

13Fisher1

Yes shame, fished it many times over the years, resident Ospreys will be pleased!

Fishtales

Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

shanksi

Interesting they use the term "open to the general public".  Another syndicate water?

alancrob

Today's report in the Courier.

Apparently they have been running at a loss for several years yet they are surprised no one wanted to buy the fishery.....for £1.5 million!!!!!! (£4m+ for the sporting estate)

Fishermen are concerned that if they stop stocking the loch the nine or so nesting Osprey pairs in the area will suffer.

As with everywhere else, if your business is failing it is no longer viable as a business.

Will there just be no fishing? Or could it be by invitation only?

A.

hopper

Not sorry to see it go, when they took over anglers were banned from taking their own engines and had to hire theirs, the prices increased dramatically and the fish weren't any better, they did build a posh new fishing hut only problem with that is anglers tent to sit in the boat to fish not in the hut.
Loch Venachar went down the same road with posh fishing huts now hardly any clubs go up there. if they had kept the price within the reach of the working angler they may well still be in business.

Robbie

Probably not good news for either the Osprey or the pike.

bibio1

well i'll miss the place if you lot don't. Spent a day there once in a bit of a daze with all the alcohol. Had to assist two ladies that fell into the water beside the jetty. Yes they were wearing white t-shirts and given i was the youngest non-female person there i was nominated to help which i did.

so there is a place for these fisheries but not necessarily for fishing.

Malcolm

I am pretty sure that was the last rainbow only fishery I ever fished although there were rainbows in both Carron and L Leven as well as brownies. The one place I never gave up was Leven as the fish were just too good.

Anyway, I absolutely hated the place. I know they are much of a muchness under the skin but that place really was horrid and I am pretty sure the fish had some sort of infestation too (Argulus?). One or two of these places down in England were idylllic (like the Test and one or two expensive private puddles) in an artificial way but Butterstone really was the dogs droppings. 
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Go To Front Page