News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Summer Is Definitely On Its Way

Started by Wildfisher, March 03, 2013, 09:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

I saw a grey wagtail down by the river yesterday. When the insectivores start appearing summer can't far off. Sadly no photo the wee bugger was far too quick.  If ever  there was a poorly named bird it's this one. Grey? No, mainly  bright yellow!   :D

Wildfisher

Summer never arrives there Andy. Hasn't anyone told you?  :lol:

hopper

The skeins of geese are all high in the sky and heading north round out hear always a good sign

east wind

Definitely  been a change last week or so, sure we have some hard times still ahead of us but a change nevertheless and nature is responding. I was out for a walk on Friday, glorious sunny day. I had a rod but mainly just carried it as I was checking out some trooty stretches. Water low and clear and I spotted a few from a bridge and a nice one from the bank that casually moved off at 45 degrees.

Noisy geese above me, a bird of prey jumping from post to post as I walked bankside, flees hatching, the smell of shite in the fields. Things are looking up.

Had a cast or two for the grayling, nothing doing although I did tempt one nicely conditioned troot that tested the knots.

[attachimg=1]
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

alancrob

1st game of golf today. Nice enough but not really warm.
Woodpeckers giving it laldy and a few wee trout moving around under the bridge.

Not long now.

A.

Billy

Quote from: admin on March 03, 2013, 09:59:20 AM
I saw a grey wagtail down by the river yesterday. When the insectivores start appearing summer can't far off. Sadly no photo the wee bugger was far too quick.  If ever  there was a poorly named bird it's this one. Grey? No, mainly  bright yellow!   :D

I had a wee cast on the Dee on Thursday for an hour before it got dark and the water was Baltic. I could feel my private parts, that's not true, all feeling was gone after five minutes in the water but there were a couple of upwings still coming off the water.
Hopefully the water should warm up a little for the 15th.

Billy

sinbad

Even down in the south (paisley) my park is full to the brim with red wings. Couple of warm weeks needed yet. Sb

squeakytyres

Things are at last starting to warm up down here!  :D

Wildfisher

Much colder here today too Andy. East winds and they are forecast to get worse as the week progresses.  :(

Wildfisher

Quote from: Roobarb on March 05, 2013, 02:24:21 PM
2. A parcel containing two wildfisher fly lines, cheers Fred :D

That was quick there were only posted yesterday morning. 

Hell I'm good!  :lol:

Go To Front Page