News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Laurencekirk and District Angling Association

Started by Wildfisher, March 03, 2013, 06:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Having recently moved back to civilization (Angus)  after 30 odd years missionary work  in the ravaged nuclear winter zone landscape that is the Aberdeen area  :lol:  I joined the  Laurencekirk and District Angling Association. I'd fished the Bervie a few times in the past but didn't really know the access points or limits nor was I at all familiar with the club's other river - The Luther.

Today club secretary Eric (Hopper) took myself and other new LDAA member Bernard (Burnie)  :makefun  on a guided tour. I have to say I was very impressed with The Luther, as was Burnie. I'm not sure what I expected, but what I found was a lovely river -upper Don - upper Clyde size with lots of nice runs and pools.  The river is a major tributary  of the lower North Esk and so gets decent  runs of salmon  and sea trout. Both Burnie and I liked what we saw.

A big thanks to Eric - a great ambassador for the club and a real gentleman - for taking the time and trouble to drive us around and show us the hot spots!  :D

hopper

It was a pleasure Fred and nice to meet burnie but there are still a few pools  i have kept up my sleeve and you will have to fine them when you fish. Can't make things too easy . :lol:

Wildfisher

Would they be the ones mentioned in the folder marked "secret pools"  you carelessly left in the back seat of your car and which I photographed while Bernard distracted you with tales of fishing down south?  :lol:

hopper

OH BUGGER RUMBLED !! may as well take up knitting there be no fish left it the Luther after you two get going  :x

burnie

I have to echo the thanks to the right honorable secretary for his time and words of sarcasm,er sorry I mean wisdom. I ended up a tad confused having seen so many bits of bonny water, plus hopper going round in circles so I have no idea where we actually went. I cannot wait for the start now,that really was a most enjoyable way to spend an afternoon without a rod in your hand,thanks Eric(and Fred,I think).

Go To Front Page