News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Want to get paid to fish for salmon?

Started by Wildfisher, March 07, 2013, 12:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

What happened to Burnie was a disgrace, it should be clients first and if the ghillie wants to follow fair enough. But it is a poor show and frankly dishonest  if a paying client is fishing water that was hammered before he got there. That's the angle that troubles me about all  this.

Allan Crawford

That was totally out of order, which beat was it anyway, I've heard a well known Tay gillie was famous for sending the guests away from the best spots so he could fish them and this guy has caught loads of salmon.

Wildfisher

Quote from: Otter Spotter on March 07, 2013, 02:42:34 PM
Mr S. T. Man is part of the salmo lot.

I think they got my name through Fish Wild or perhaps it was by a personal recommendation from some of my old pals  who cyber-stalk me  on Fly Forums.  Anyway I get no end of very tempting offers, always salmon fishing and sometimes for as little as £150 / day.

Hoolet

I've had personal experience of this chap as described long ago on another thread and I can honestly say I've never ever come across anyone so damn full of themselves, suffice to say I'd to hold the old man back as he was so bloody rude.

I've noticed his latest slaverings on another forum regarding ferox, the man knows everything about everything......what a guy !

Hoolet.
Ye Canny Fry A Rise!

Wildfisher

I have met 5  of these people  who write / wrote for the magazines: Lesley Crawford was a very nice lady who loved her fishing, Bruce Sandison is an out and out  gentleman who writes with skill and passion about the country he loves, Bob Wyatt was one of the most interesting people I have had the pleasure to share dinner and a few beers with, Stan Headley was imo rude to start with but ended up being OK and I respect him for that. The 5th  I won't even mention, as I have not much good I can say about this person, so best to say nothing at all.  :?

Otter Spotter

Quote from: admin on March 07, 2013, 09:18:29 PM
Stan Headley was imo rude to start with

My only encounter with the man - he was rude start to finish! He seems to know a lot about fishing fair enough, but I dont have much respect for him.
I have met equally or more knowledgeable people who have been happy to share that knowledge without ego or blatant self promotion.

I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

Allan Crawford

Quote from: Otter Spotter on March 08, 2013, 10:38:09 AM
My only encounter with the man - he was rude start to finish! He seems to know a lot about fishing fair enough, but I dont have much respect for him.
I have met equally or more knowledgeable people who have been happy to share that knowledge without ego or blatant self promotion.

He comes over as an arrogant person, I think a lot of his knowledge as been gained from others, he talked as if HE MADE some sort of great discovery that large trout are regularly caught on fly out of Lochy and Arkaig, there is a complete club of anglers who knew that and could have told him so, Oh thats right they did tell him and thats why he was there, luckily he got an article out of it too!

Hoolet

As you can see from my photo !

Hoolet.
Ye Canny Fry A Rise!

Allan Crawford

Go To Front Page