News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

The Angus Egg Cup Crisis

Started by Wildfisher, March 08, 2013, 02:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

So what's the game here?

I've just been round  about every shop in Arbroath looking for egg cups:  Asda, Tesco, Morrisons - to name but 3. All were egg cup free zones.

I had lunch with my mother - she also cannot find egg cups and tells me that my sister is facing a similar egg cup-less crisis in Carnoustie.

There are upwards of 50 pages of egg cups on Ebay, so what's going on?  :?

Might it be the low cholesterol diet message has finally  go though to Angus residents  and bil't  eggs are off the menu? Have they all been shipped to the west coast  to be used as handy moulds for frying pan fat?  :?

Yours bewildered

Me

Otter Spotter

Mash them up in a mug wi butter an toasted sodgers!

I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

Wildfisher

That's maybe OK for Perth Scott, but here in Freek our standards are set rather higher.  :lol:

Otter Spotter

Quote from: admin on March 08, 2013, 03:16:08 PM
That's maybe OK for Perth Scott, but here in Freek our standards are set rather higher.  :lol:

Here is the bit I deleted from my original post

After all egg cups are a shade efette and mainly for history of art and social 'science students'  :tongue2
I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

Inchlaggan

Gap in the market!
Off to the shed to turn up a few egg cups. Mahogany, greenheart, purpleheart and so on.
The "Deluxe Egg Cups of Inchlaggan" website should be up and running later tonight.
£30 a pair, plus P&P.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Wildfisher

Sounds tempting Ken, but having tried to eat a saft bil't egg withoot an egg cup the other day I am ripe for such exploitation so must try hard to resist.  :lol:

Wildfisher

Quote from: Otter Spotter on March 08, 2013, 03:17:55 PM
After all egg cups are a shade efette and mainly for history of art and social 'science students'  :tongue2

I did get the chance of a set of art deco egg cups, but it was a pointless buy as Tesco  stopped selling art deco eggs years ago.  :D

east wind

Cut out an L shape three or four compartments from the plastic container they come in.
Sorted, an egg cup to cater for all levels of hunger and you've done yer bit for the environment so you can sleep well in the new bed.
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

Fishtales

Granddaughter, aged 6, asked for a boiled egg, in an egg cup. My wife searched the cupboards, we have them, but couldn't find one. Perhaps there is an egg cup conspiracy and they are being transported to a parallel universe :shock:
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Wildfisher

Mac - a  great practical suggestion there.   :8)

Sandy, Normally I'm not one for conspiracy theories  but I think  you are on to something there and now that I see the same problems are being experienced in Coatbridge it is clearly a national issue. I noticed that the Ebay egg cup sellers  are all south of the border. I think an email to Alex Salmond may be the way forward. 

Go To Front Page