News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

loch lochy

Started by mario, April 14, 2013, 09:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mario

Hi guys,thought I had all this sorted,but starting to get doubts,the plan is,was,going up to lochy 4 weeks tomorrow,taking the boat,staying at glengarry lodges at great glen waterpark,they have launching facilities there,problem is they are on loch oich,so phoned caledonian canal people and they say I can get canal pass at corpach sea loch to navigate canals at 93 quid does this plan look doable or is thiere a better option also any info on fishing lochy very welcome cheers. guys

Wildfisher

mario

Allan Crawford

Hi Mario
A bit of a nightmare getting a boat onto Lochy, to be honest I would just go and pay my money for Arkaig at £35 quid a day it might work out dearer but at least you know what your getting and I think Arkaig is fishing better than Lochy just now though I do enjoy a bit of fly fishing along with my trolling. We once looked into the canal option as there is a free launch on Oich and what ever way we turned it ended up blocked. Another idea is to use one of the hotels (Letterfindlay and the other one close by whoes name escapes me) on Lochy, if your taking a room for the night they have good launching facilities. PM if you want more info!
Allan

rannoch raider

Hi guys, was just wondering if it's possible to hire a boat on Arkaig?

Allan Crawford

Quote from: rannoch raider on April 14, 2013, 11:16:37 PM
Hi guys, was just wondering if it's possible to hire a boat on Arkaig?

No, bring your own only !

Andy, There is supposed to be access at all times but sometimes there may be delays, I think its been ok so far would need to ring my pal as I'm sitting in ABDN working.

Allan Crawford

Quote from: guest on April 14, 2013, 11:38:54 PM
Don't bother - if I ever see Arkaig again it'll be too soon :lol:

I used to live up the side of the loch at Achnasaul

Good old style tradition walk for a night out  :D

Allan Crawford

Quote from: guest on April 14, 2013, 11:47:16 PM
A long walk back from Spean believe me :lol:

I believe  :)

Inchlaggan

To get into Lochy from Oich you need to get through one swing bridge and one lock. To get to Ness from Oich it is two swing bridges and five locks. Opening times are 08.30-17.30 and you'll need to be back through the last before closing.
The lock-keepers may not be too delighted to run the entire Fort Augustus lock system for one wee fishing boat and may make you wait.
Better to keep the boat at the pontoons at Balmaglaster- se my PM for details.
More information here-

http://www.sailcaledonia.org/Skippers%20Guide%20Caley%20Canal.pdf
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

mario

Cotacted the boat yard at laggan and they don't do boat launch and don't no anywere on lochy that does

Go To Front Page