News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Camping

Started by Hill loch gold, April 18, 2013, 12:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Here are couple of old articles  first one is about wild camping, second introducing kids to wild fly fishing. These are just opinions and experiences, but might be interesting.

http://www.wildfisher.co.uk/fish-wild/index.php?setissue=6&database=1&getpage=beginners&pid=2

http://www.wildfisher.co.uk/wildfisher/index.php/articles/articles-index-newest-first/283-wild-beginnings

Hill loch gold

Allan Crawford

I enjoyed the article about taking your kids fishing, wasn't till the end I realized it was you!
I've had the pleasure of taking my neighbors lad fishing after his dad died at about the same age as you started your sons and it was a life changing thing for him.

Allan Crawford

Did take my 2 yr & 3 months old daughter camping last September but only in the garden and she loved it had a great time so this year we will try some where a bit further from home but I will be beside the car  :D

Hill loch gold

Al probably just take him to some wee lochs close tae hame tae see if he likes it 1st. ( think he will though).  If he does we might venture further afield fur a couple of days.

Allan Crawford

I'm sure he will love it but always nice to have the option to retreat even if its only to get what you forgot  :)

Hill loch gold

Quote from: Colliemore on April 18, 2013, 10:41:00 PM
I'm sure he will love it but always nice to have the option to retreat even if its only to get what you forgot  :)

Aye your spot on  :D

Buanán

It's a mixed bag. Best thing you can take with you in my opinion is another kid, I agree that juice is a good idea but juice can only do so much. When there's two or more kids they make their own entertainment.

Take the lot and hit a camp site with all the amenities plus nearby easy access fishing.

Otter Spotter

Quote from: Buanán on April 19, 2013, 05:46:10 AM
Take the lot and hit a camp site with all the amenities plus nearby easy access fishing.

Spot on prepare for every eventuality if you dont use the stuff leave it in the car but if you get a sudden shift in weather then you might be glad of soemthing to keep you occupied in a rainstorm.
Plenty healthy snacks, oat bars and the like. Sun cream and insect repellent the little details that will make you both comfortable. make sure his footwear fits well and will be comfortable for a length of time etc. I guess what I am saying is be as comfortable as you can be irrespective of the conditions.
Have a ball and let us know how it goes  :D
I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

Hill loch gold

Quote from: Buanán on April 19, 2013, 05:46:10 AM
Best thing you can take with you in my opinion is another kid, I agree that juice is a good idea but juice can only do so much. When there's two or more kids they make their own entertainment.
y

I'm sure ma brother would letly go as well and he has a wee boy that's only a year older than mine, so that would sort that oot. I'll be sure tae let yous ken how we get on if everything goes tae plan :D

Go To Front Page