News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Might Be Getting.....

Started by JIMCCS, April 21, 2013, 07:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Crawford

Quote from: Bobfly on April 23, 2013, 10:36:31 PM
It seems to be a cross breed with a large shallow capacity inside unlike a thin sit-on and with good breadth for stability.
Potentially has quite a few advantages .......... especially if you stay dry !!!!

Do you stay dry ???  :shock:

Anyway my sit on top is probably at least or perhaps more stable than my pals canoe if that helps anybody. Please no comments about one is better than the other I really like both, only reason I dont want a canoe is cause my pal has one, and I was nearly stupid enough to capsize it, so dont stand up and if you do you need very good balance. So far standing up on the sit on top I havent nearly capsized it but it also requires good balance  :8)

Those sensible wild fishers among you will know it is stupid to stand up  :D

Otter Spotter

Quote from: Colliemore on April 23, 2013, 10:58:08 PM

Those sensible wild fishers among you will know it is stupid to stand up  :D

Stupid but irresistible  :lol:
I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

Bobfly

If you go to the link for Nucanoe I gave above it has videos of folks standing in these casting quite the thing  !!!!! Mind you there is not much wind on inland American lakes !!
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

sinbad

Inchlaggan

Quote from: sinbad on April 24, 2013, 06:31:46 PM
Standing in an open is ok if you practice
For "practice" read "fall in hundereds of times, freezing your nuts off, bruises, loosing the canoe and kit, looking like a real prat and generally suffering". You do look cool once you have mastered this apprenticeship, but it is a heavy price to pay.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

alancrob

As long as there is nobody else around to laugh at you........

http://www.kay-noe.com/stabilizer.html

I did this with some kids a few years ago......

http://www.canoe-ardeche.com/descentea.html
                                                   ........................................and a few stones ago, doubt I would fit in a kayak any more!

A.

sinbad

Quote from: Inchlaggan on April 24, 2013, 07:07:29 PM
For "practice" read "fall in hundereds of times, freezing your nuts off, bruises, loosing the canoe and kit, looking like a real prat and generally suffering". You do look cool once you have mastered this apprenticeship, but it is a heavy price to pay.
Haha Ken its not that hard to do, the first time i tried poling i traveled up the full length of the river Balvaig with a mate showing me whats whats. Was still dry , warm and bruise free by the end of the day, I did have a drysuit on so maybe i managed the looking like a prat bit  :roll:
Jim will be sticking to sitting or kneeling to start with anyway i would imagine, lets not make this sound to hard.  Ian

Allan Crawford

Quote from: Otter Spotter on April 24, 2013, 11:05:00 AM
Stupid but irresistible  :lol:

True  :D

Bobfly, I havent tried fly fishing while standing up ! Yet  :D

As long as I'm not too far away from shore, car and home in that order  :shock:

Go To Front Page