News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

how's the fishing?

Started by tyneysalmon, April 26, 2013, 09:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyneysalmon

flying back from the sandbox on sunday and have the week off.  By the looks of it if im lucky i might get some skiing in on monday at cairngorm.  But the question is how is the trout fishing going?  Looks like I will be meeting up with my wild fishing buddy later in the week, we were thinking about a trip to applecross and this looks like our only chance this season, with the cold winter have things warmed up enough yet?

If anyone with a ear to the ground has any info that would be appreciated!     

Wildfisher

It's grim and this cold snap won't help. However  if you are prepared to put in the hours you may get a fish or two. Don't expect it to be jumping.  :D

Hill loch gold

The troot fishings a month plus behind this season in ma opinion and there's no real signs of it picking up that much yet. I've been fur troot 3 times and i've hardly seen a flea on the water, never mind a rise :(
Heavy hail showers doon ma way tonight as well :(

sinbad

I'd think about alternative plan B's with the cold I'm afraid  :shock:

Allan Crawford

Another vote for have a go!
As long as the weather forcast for the day you intend to fish is not too bad, if you dont you'll never know and you might get a surprise, at least if the sun comes out at this time of year its strong and usually the air temperature is warmer than those the forecast predicted. Go for lower lying lochs and sheltered bays.

tyneysalmon

cheers for the response guys, i think plan b might have to be some salmon fishing and take the trout rod for a few cast at midday if there is anything happening.  i was on the deveron a few years ago and really regretted not having a trout rod to hand 

Go To Front Page