News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

It's Roasting

Started by Wildfisher, July 06, 2013, 10:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Well the spring was the worst in living memory, but so far the summer has been fabulous,  here in the east anyway. Just like they used to be!  :8)

Not so good for the river fishing, but who cares? Give me summer any day. The last 4 of 5 weeks have been outstanding. Beautiful today yet again.  :8)

Fishtales

Having lived in the cold far North and now living farther South you would think that :lol:
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Wildfisher

Quote from: Fishtales on July 06, 2013, 10:32:54 AM
Having lived in the cold far North and now living farther South you would think that :lol:

Good point. But my sons tells me it's even been fine in the Shire of Sheep. Certainly here in Angus it's wonderful, but then it always has been  :lol:

Fishtales

I always preferred the Moray coast. They had a saying that the weather 'came up the Spey and went down the Deveron' and the bit in the middle had the good weather. We could sit in the sun on the beach at Cullen and be surrounded by black clouds so there must have been some truth in it :)
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Buanán

Quote from: Roobarb on July 06, 2013, 11:33:50 AM
Sheets of rain and 40mph winds here today :D
We have only had one summer week so far, the first week of June. Very different to last year but actually not that much wetter, the moors are pretty dry and the lochs low. I think we are forecast a couple of hours of summer next week!

Andy

The wind and rain just arriving here now. Dry here too despite the smur/cloud and rain of the past week, the burns have water but very little, hoping there's a right sploosh for a cast this evening. Salmon & sea trout are only now starting to put in an appearance, so one never kin'tail, as they say  :8)

emc

Quote from: admin on July 06, 2013, 10:20:50 AM
Well the spring was the worst in living memory, but so far the summer has been fabulous,  here in the east anyway. Just like they used to be!  :8)

Not so good for the river fishing, but who cares? Give me summer any day. The last 4 of 5 weeks have been outstanding. Beautiful today yet again.  :8)

Must migrate North! Outstanding 4 - 5 weeks - we've hardly had that in nice days down here. Cloudy, sea frets and a bit of rain. Beautiful last two days though  :8)

Wildfisher

Just been oot wi the dug, a few miles walk in the blazing heat. I'm knackered.

The neighbour asked me "you're not out fishing today?" I said no because blazing sun, a very stiff breeze and boiling temperatures are not good fishing conditions.

That set me wondering  - what actually ARE good fishing conditions?  :?

east wind

Settled spell of weather/river height, gentle upstream breeze, not cold, cloudy, slightly clammy with the occasional short lived heavy shower ?
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

Wildfisher

.......... what I wonder is,  is it the conditions that are not ideal or what we do?

east wind

Quote from: admin on July 06, 2013, 03:35:24 PM
.......... what I wonder is,  is it the conditions that are not ideal or what we do?

Ah......well in that case when conditions are not ideal as someone who is a bit of a one trick pony I'm usually goosed. I do have a several options of water that let still me fish the way I like on days like today for instance, but for changing tactics I'm pretty limited. For instance high water stops me going out.
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

Go To Front Page