News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Vandalism on the Lunan Water

Started by Wildfisher, July 14, 2013, 03:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

One of our forum members "Condor"  (Mike) who is also A.A.C. warden on the Lunan  was fishing last  Wednesday evening  below Inverkeilor bridge on the A92. He had parked his car in the usual spot in the lay-by at the bridge, same place he has parked for 25 years,  and went off for his usual cast  on his favourite  wee river.

When he returned to the lay-by around 10 30 PM  he found both  front side windows of his car smashed in. Nothing was taken out of the car and it makes you wonder what goes through the minds of the low life scum who would do that. The police were called but there is not really much they can do

A similar thing happened to me  one evening on The Don at Kemnay a few years back when some scum battered the bonnet and wing of my then almost new car with a rock or a hammer. After that I only ever parked in the village itself and not on the outskirts as some other guys I spoke to had had all their tyres let down.

So please be wary of where you are parking. Although this is a very rare thing to happen it seems there are a lot of undesirables going about even out in the countryside.

Mike – chin up mate – don't let the scum get to you and ruin your fishing! 

Fishtales

I would hate that to happen to mine. I always think though that things like that smell of a grudge. Either by someone who recognises the car; who doesn't want people parking there, for whatever sad reason; people who park there damage his ground; leave rubbish; the list is endless. Someone passing and just vandalising the car would have taken something from it not just vandalised it.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Wildfisher

It may also have been someone who just hates angling and who in their own twisted minds see it as hitting back on behalf of fish. Unless you know where this is it's difficult to get to grips with how weird it is.

Fishtales

The car scratching is just pure vandalism. There was a spate of it around here done by a team of youths who thought it was funny to walk along a street with a key and scratch the side of all the cars with it as they went. Another one was to kick the side mirrors of by taking a run at it and jumping and kicking it. Car running was another one; jump over a line of cars from one end to the other. They tried it on our street until they came to mine. I had just polished it with a Teflon car polish. I heard the scream and clatter but by the time I looked out the window there was no-one about. When I looked at the car next day you could see the skid mark across the roof and over the bonnet. It must have hurt when he hit the ground and the car in front :)
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

burnie

I'm not aware of any bother in the village, could have been someone passing, will keep my ear to the ground.

Highlander

Some people are simply jealous of what others have. Fortunately I do no have a BMW & Merc but if I did I would be very careful of where I parked it. There are some right wee bastards about.
Having said that I always felt uncomfortable parking at nght by the River Leven. I never had anyting happen to the car thank God but I knew/heard of a a few that did. Probably why I gave up my ticket
Worst thing that happened to me was the time I caught a nice fresh fish in the Renton area. Walking up the bank I was approached by a few of the local worthies who seemed to think the fish was theirs to be had.
I politely but firmly told them that I had fished all year with nothing to show for it & this was the first one I had caught & no way were they getting it. I strode on expecting the worse but nothing happened thank God. put the fear of death up me it did.
Had my car "keyed" parked at my work few years ago.but was one of four that day in a line. Put it down to some wee junkie bastard & thankfully has not happened again but as I say there are some "rank badins "about to day. Police unless they can catch them in the act are powerless to help.
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Allan Crawford

Go To Front Page