News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Newmilns

Started by sinbad, September 08, 2013, 12:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinbad

I'm 50/50 on moving to Newmilns its handy for my work and cheap to buy in. Ive done the usual walkabout , looks ok but anyone know what its like and more importantly about the fishing in say 50 miles ? The River Irvine is 100m away which is great but I'm more into wild hill lochs. Any thoughts folks ?

Noddy

Be careful where you decide to stay, rent first and then decide if you want to buy.

Jim

Hill loch gold

I don't know aboot lochs up that way but there's plenty wild troot lochs doon ma way - not that far from dalmellington.

sinbad

How long would it take to be stepping out the car somewhere suitable in the Galloway hills ? I don't count the time walking in as its all part of my day especially if Ive got my wee tent packed. Also which route is best ,there seems to be a few different roads in to that general area. Been thinking parking up at Loch Trool to head in to the lochs but am i missing something closer ?

Thanks for replies so far  :)   Ian

Hill loch gold

It takes me aboot 45 min tae get tae the car park at loch trool from dalmellington. The majority of the road is single - track though, thats how it takes a bit longer. Probably the easiest way tae get tae glentrool is head fur straiton - then its just a straight road all the way from there. There's another way up past the nick of the balloch but its a bit more difficult tae explain. Some good lochs up there when they're fishing, neldricken being my personal favourite. The glenhead lochs are full of troot as well but it's a while fae i've been up there.

Go To Front Page