News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

A wee favour asked of t'interweb experts.

Started by Inchlaggan, October 07, 2013, 06:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inchlaggan

If you Google "Kishmul Art and Craft" (with the quotes) you should get to my blog on wagon making with 6 posts on a Romani Vardon. Reading the posts should be easy enough.
But, I am trying to attract comments, but they are not appearing. The issue seems to be that you must sign in with a profile to post a comment. As I already have a profile in order to create the blog I cannot test what is involved in signing in. I suspect it might involve committing to passing (albeit limited) personal information to one or other social networking enterprise, there are a number of options. This is something that an increasing number of web users are suspicious of- with good reason- but it kind of defeats the purpose of a public blog- though it is probably why the blog is free.
Can a few of you test what is involved?
Do not, of course, sign up to anything you do not want to, but if the requirements are acceptable (or you already have such a profile), could you please leave a test comment on one of the posts?
And/or report your findings/ thoughts back here.
Thanks
Ken
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

corsican dave

ken, i just made a comment! it asks you which account you want to comment through and gives you a drop down menu of choices. i only had a google account, but having signed in it seemed to work. it asked me to complete a "captcha" before it would publish. i'm bloody useless at reading those things but i obviously got it right! :8) hopefully you'll get lots more positive comments now :D
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Fishtales

Quote from: corsican dave on October 07, 2013, 06:32:08 PM
ken, i just made a comment! it asks you which account you want to comment through and gives you a drop down menu of choices. i only had a google account, but having signed in it seemed to work. it asked me to complete a "captcha" before it would publish. i'm bloody useless at reading those things but i obviously got it right! :8) hopefully you'll get lots more positive comments now :D

The same as Dave. I posted using my Google account with capcha before publishing.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

emc

Just done the same as Sandy. I can see his post but not Dave's.

Inchlaggan

Thanks for the help gentleman. Seems it was a PEBCAK error.

Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Go To Front Page