News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Chris tarrant goes fishing

Started by Hill loch gold, November 01, 2013, 08:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hill loch gold

On channel 5 the now. Hadn't seen or heard of this programme before, just noticed it there when i was flicking through the channels

Wildfisher

Just caught the very end of it.   :(    Ah well, always next week I suppose.

corsican dave

one of the nicest fishing programmes i've seen in a long time. i really liked the balance between the fishing action and the conversation and i thought the pace of the whole thing was great. admittedly the maldives is a very special and exclusive place, but there was nothing pretentious or gung-ho about it, which is a rarity in itself. almost subliminally, the music was pretty cool, too. don't miss it next time folks!
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

superscot

Tend to agree Dave i thoroughly enjoyed it, nice relaxed program with a huge variety of fish being caught, Let me go put that extra Lotto  ticket on the morra  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

Harpo

Series link set, I saw him on the Ian Botham fishing show and he came over well (Tarrant that is!)

tomcatin

I saw about twenty minutes of this and got a little bored; more to do with the subject matter (fishing in the Maldives  :roll:) .......... the style, presentation and Chris Tarrent is really quite good (beats John Wilson by a million miles)

I think the next weeks episode is set in Ireland; so hopefully something of a subject matter closer to my heart!

Sadly my 7' 5 weight that killed fascists is deceased!

So in respect and in memorium, PLEASE DONATE TO AND SUPPORT THE WILD FISHING FORUM

aliferste

Bottom line: He pissed all over Robson Green!

Hill loch gold

I know he likes salmon fishing. Hopefully there will be an episode where he's fishing for them.

aliferste

Inchlaggan

Aye, he's been about here a few times as well, not with a film crew as far as I know.
Comes across as a pretty balanced guy, nae shit. In the boat he'll tell a few tales of life on telly, mostly against himself, but not gossip. Prefers to concentrate on the fishing. Buys his round and leaves a good tip.
Does some serious name-dropping though, when I picked him up on that he took it well. He explained if he had told a (fishing) tale about fishing with his pal Ian and Ian cocking it up grand style it would mean nothing to me, add the surname "Botham" and it makes sense. But he insisted that where he got good service and fishing, all the names that he had "dropped" would learn of it.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Go To Front Page