News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

New TV series - Game Fisher's Diary - Discovery Shed tonight (6/12)

Started by tomcatin, December 06, 2013, 11:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcatin

Short notice I know but I have just got the heads about this new series on Discovery Shed starting tonight; Game Fisher's Diary .......... no idea what it will be like but is presented by Rae Borras who I think is the chap that accompanied Bernard Cribbens on the fishing series about Walton's "The Compleat Angler"

Two 30 minutes shows:

22.00 - 22.30
Ripon
Master fisherman Rae Borras visits Ripon, a historic market town in North Yorkshire. He partakes in some river fly fishing in the company of a couple of local characters.

22.30 - 23.00
Amwell Magna
Master fisherman Rae Borras heads to the Amwell Magna fishing club situated on the River Lea, which is the oldest angling club in Britain still fishing the same water.
Sadly my 7' 5 weight that killed fascists is deceased!

So in respect and in memorium, PLEASE DONATE TO AND SUPPORT THE WILD FISHING FORUM

tomcatin

Quote from: tomcatin on December 06, 2013, 11:02:33 PM
no idea what it will be like but is presented by Rae Borras who I think is the chap that accompanied Bernard Cribbens on the fishing series about Walton's "The Compleat Angler

Dooh ..........Geoffrey Palmer not Bernard Cribbens  :roll:

So in respect and in memorium, PLEASE DONATE TO AND SUPPORT THE WILD FISHING FORUM

Harpo

Thanks TC, I missed it but have set a series link and won't be long until the repeat.

I'd given up watching fishing on shed having watched all the good stuff too many times and there is some dross as well, like Top Hooker (wtf) !

The Boras guy was decent n Complete Angler

Noddy

corsican dave

saw it and must say that rae borras comes across as a really nice guy. i think many of us would enjoy his company. he can actually cast a bit, too.. (in fact, he's bloody good!! :roll: :lol:)

the ripon episode is a perfect counterpoint to chest-beating, uber-macho big-game boats in tropical seas and just goes to show that fishing is what you make of it, not how far you travel or how much you spend.
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

tomcatin

Quote from: corsican dave on December 07, 2013, 10:46:39 AM
saw it and must say that rae borras comes across as a really nice guy. i think many of us would enjoy his company. he can actually cast a bit, too.. (in fact, he's bloody good!! :roll: :lol:)

the ripon episode is a perfect counterpoint to chest-beating, uber-macho big-game boats in tropical seas and just goes to show that fishing is what you make of it, not how far you travel or how much you spend.

I rather enjoyed the two episodes; the first one on the Ure/Lavar about Ripon was brilliant ........ as Dave says the perfect counterpoint to the usual nonsense and aligned to most of our experiences of trout angling!

Highlander

" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wildfisher

Didn't see this but was watching Paul Young the other day on a USA Road Trip.  Some nice stuff, pity Paul Young is such havering bugger though.   :D

corsican dave

If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

bushy palmer

I've only just started watching this- nicely done I thought. I've only caught three episodes so far- the ones on the Tweed, Ireland, Iceland and enjoyed them all.

A very refreshing changed to some of the other programmes to come from that channel in the last couple of years.

Go To Front Page