News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

BIG ''Hats-off'' to Fishtec

Started by Yardbent, January 09, 2014, 08:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yardbent

BIG ''Hats-off'' to Fishtec

i broke the top section of my AIRFLO 9'6 in late December
got a quick and informative email reply to my letter,
to ''return the broken section for replacement [if stocked] or a full replacement under warranty - £25 handling fee''

a NEW rod arrived yesterday - the latest AIRFLO Delta Classic 9'6 6/7

Superb - an understated green blank, excellent fittings with machined reel seat on good cork
A 3pce rod bag and model specific cordura tube. Lifetime Warranty too

so.......MANY THANKS due for Super Customer Service over the Festive Season.

john

Highlander

Why would one pay a handling fee if it was "under warranty" ?

I see this senario now & again mentioned, more so since we began to see "lifetime warranty"
all these years ago.

This does not fit in with Sale Of Goods Act 1979 surely.

Still Yardbent got a new rod for £25 at end of day. Something is not right though.

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Suki1312

New rod for £25 is not to be sniffed at . But I'm with Highlander on this one since most of the rods are manufactured in China the £25 will more than cover costs , these lifetime warranty are somewhat flawed . That's why I've always stuck too Orvis , great rods great warranty , no quibble just send it back .
Every day is a school day

Wildfisher

That's it - the handing fee pays for the replacement rod. Still better than paying full whack retail price for a new one though!  :D

jaybee

I have to support Fishtec with their Lifetime warranty's as I have had three new rods and two top section replacements all free of any charges. This has been split over two rods over the past 8 years and I cannot fault the service provided by Fishtec.  I may have been lucky in that my warrant does not demand any handling fees and all it costs me is return postage for the damaged parts. 

This may change going forward but based on what I originally paid for the rods I have had more than my money's worth. :D

Cheers

Jim

Suki1312

Quote from: jaybee on January 09, 2014, 11:09:01 PM
I have to support Fishtec with their Lifetime warranty's as I have had three new rods and two top section replacements all free of any charges. This has been split over two rods over the past 8 years and I cannot fault the service provided by Fishtec.  I may have been lucky in that my warrant does not demand any handling fees and all it costs me is return postage for the damaged parts. 

This may change going forward but based on what I originally paid for the rods I have had more than my money's worth. :D

Cheers

Jim

Usually depends which make of rod it is Jim , Greys and Hardy are especially bad for charging ,  same company mind you .

Hill loch gold

Quote from: Suki1312 on January 09, 2014, 11:14:53 PM
Usually depends which make of rod it is Jim , Greys and Hardy are especially bad for charging ,  same company mind you .

I pulled an eye off the top section of my marksman the 1st ever time i used it, (my hand slipped when i was pulling the sections apart) on a cold, rainy day  in march, a few years ago. I was raging that i had damaged my new rod and phoned hardy as soon as i got hame. I explained what had happened and said that i would like to send it to them for repair, but was told they don't do repairs and i would need to buy a new section at £75/£80, if i remember right.

jaybee

I agree Suki1312,

I have been lucky both rods I make reference to are made by Airflo a 10'  Enigma and a  14' delta classic.

I also have a Hardy's Marksman 2 which required a replacement top section and this also cost me £75. :(

Cheers Jim 

Midgie Hater

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/nireland/consumer_ni/consumer_common_problems_with_products_e/faulty_goods_e/what_is_meant_by_goods_not_fit_for_purpose.htm

As a CAB Adviser I would say if the goods are not fit for purpose in that they failed to fulfil the task/function for which they were designed and subsequently purchased, that, depending on how long you'd had the rod before the problem arose you should be able to get a repair or replacement and shouldn't have to pay for postage or any kind of "handling" fee. Certainly if a warranty exists, depending on the terms of that warranty it does not replace your statutory rights :)

Suki1312

Quote from: guest on January 10, 2014, 12:31:39 AM
Wouldn't have anything by Greys or Hardy ever again. Overpriced shite and loathsome service.

Couldn't put it better myself . I had a hardy demon for a while #5 , wasn't that impressed , so when I seen the warranty charges it got binned on eBay .Orvis all the way now

Go To Front Page