News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Local shops closing

Started by Suki1312, January 14, 2014, 05:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki1312

Spot on Billy , she was a smashing wee lady . The husband although a dab hand at sorting rods , he was a very quiet chap , the girl on the other hand looks quite dour but when you get to know her she's fine . Had a feeling myself this would happen . Was in today she's taking all the stock with her and working from home via eBay etc
Every day is a school day

Harpo

Quote from: tomcatin on January 15, 2014, 01:19:51 AM
Crikey  :shock:

A really good shop with friendly informative and helpful staff!

At least this is one store I have done my bit to support (its too handy to escape the tedium of work at lunchtime for a wee browse and the inevitable purchases)

Aye Sad TC was a great shop, Marcus who works there has done so since he was 16, must be about 20 years ago!

Lochan_load

If I'm ever there with work again I might pop in, he's done a cracking job of looking shut!

Otter Spotter

Quote from: admin on January 15, 2014, 03:57:56 PM
I heard that Angler's Choice in Dundee is also to close, that's not confirmed mind you.
I'd be gobsmacked if AC went under, its one of the few where there is always at least a couple of folks in it. I havent been up there for a while mind you!
Gows however has closed down it went bust a couple of weeks ago.
I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

Wildfisher

That shop in Greenock  looks like it's in an area where you'd need a body guard to enter it safely   :lol:

tomcatin

I was in Country Life yesterday lunchtime to pick up the usual essential supplies for a new season [tippet material, poly leaders etc] and I am afraid it looks doomed to close. The stock is dwindling; the lad behind the counter (who name I forget) was his usual helpful self, full of fishing blether but was pretty pesimistic about the future.

Part victim of the internet, part victim of the economic downturn and part victim to the demographics of angling

Sad really
Sadly my 7' 5 weight that killed fascists is deceased!

So in respect and in memorium, PLEASE DONATE TO AND SUPPORT THE WILD FISHING FORUM

Wildfisher

Angus Angling in Forfar seems to be doing OK. It's probably the best stocked tackle shop I have seen for many years.

Go To Front Page