News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

A bit of rain last night - Lunan Flood

Started by Wildfisher, January 22, 2014, 05:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

In summer time this local trout stream can often be crossed in wellies. Today would not be a good time to try that.  :D

Best viewed 720 HD full screen

Lunan Spate 22 01 2014

hopper

Very good Fred, Luther just the same I would think that should take another bit of the dyke away, at this rate nature will do it for us.

Wildfisher

Quote from: Roobarb on January 22, 2014, 05:20:11 PM
Looks like you might be out clearing trash again before too long.

I think I'll wait a bit before I get the waders on though.  :D

Suki1312

Don't think you will need to worry about fly only down to the Brig just now lol :D
Every day is a school day

Wildfisher

Quote from: hopper on January 22, 2014, 05:23:15 PM
I would think that should take another bit of the dyke away, at this rate nature will do it for us.

There is more very heavy rain forecast for the east on Friday and Sunday. It will be interesting to see the condition of Morphie Dyke in a week from now.

Wildfisher

Quote from: Suki1312 on January 22, 2014, 05:38:45 PM
Don't think you will need to worry about fly only down to the Brig just now lol :D

That's the only fly only stretch on the river, therefore people think it's where all the fish are, thus it gets fished more, but other parts of the river are better. It's all jungle warfare though and a great place to study the different flower colour forms of Himalayan Balsam.  Truth is the river is very lightly fished over the season.  I sometimes think myself and Condor are the only two daft enough to go there.  I can walk to to it's so close.  :8)   The local club stock it, but they don't need to as it's chock full of small, spooky wild fish that are not at all easy to catch when the water is low.  They always have stocked,  since I was a boy and very  likely before that.

Yardbent

awesome power

hope the dog was on a lead.?

Suki1312

Same where i am Fred , local club stock river and there's no need . It would do just fine if left to its own . Infact it is probably in better condition than I've ever seen it . Thankfully pollution seems to be a thing of the past . Took a walk out on Sunday water was running crystal clear . And for £25 a year , you can't beat it rammed full of 1/2 to 1lb browns and a chance of occasional salmon at the back end . Not too be sniffed at .Most days you get the place to yourself ;D
Every day is a school day

Wildfisher

Quote from: Suki1312 on January 22, 2014, 06:43:27 PM
Same where i am Fred , local club stock river and there's no need .

I'm sure it's just a case of old habits. Always done it, so must always do it. It's a real shame as the evidence is that it harms rivers and their resident fish. If the biggest wild fish is 1/2 lb then that's the size they are supposed to be. I just cannot fathom why anyone wants to catch farmed trout in a wild river. It's completely counter intuitive.

Go To Front Page