News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

and further to my Router question.....

Started by Yardbent, January 28, 2014, 02:12:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yardbent

............... been OFF and ON at FlyFishingForum all evening

monitoring the sale [NOT] of some of my gear

seems members are getting continuously hit with dubious popups
and 2 members have intercepted attempted virus attacks

my attempts to load various pages dropped the connection...maybe just a co-incidence, but it seems stable here

anyway their ADMIN seems to be working hard behind the scenes,
but maybe if you are just browsing - perhaps worth waiting 48hours

not bad-mouthing FFF - just a 'heads-up'

john

Wildfisher

I discovered FFF was placing tracking cookies and other third party rubbish probably  connected with their mass advertising  on my PC and stopped visiting many weeks ago.

Fishtales

I don't get any of that :)

I have Adblock Plus on both PC's and the Tab. I use Opera set to block third party cookies (i.e. cookies that aren't from the site domain itself) and a 'do not track request'. These are set up in Opera settings.
On the computers I have Iobit Malware fighter, Microsoft Essentials, Comodo Firewall and Advanced System Care all running in the background. On the Tab I have Adblock Plus, Advanced Mobile Care and avast! Mobile Security running. All these are free.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

bushy palmer

Adblock is awesome. I don't think my cookie blocker and do not track comes from additional software though. I'm sure I have a setting ticked on Google chrome that takes care of this.

Suki1312

I think FFF admin are chasing the bucks etc . It's all about advertising over there . Very rarely visit it now . Used to get a laugh at the rammy's but even that had a short life span lol .
Every day is a school day

Wildfisher

It's really only the controversial stuff, usually non fishing related, that get much attention on FFF these days. They lost most of their best members years ago. It's a real shame, it was a great forum before it became a commercial circus. It's all about numbers, numbers sell advertising.

I love it when the usual suspects, those who "left" here and who brought our community into disrepute  before they "left", go off on a tangent. It's hilarious and invariably brings more members to the WFF and also boosts Wildfisher Fly Line sales.   :lol:  This is one of the few fishing forums that has maintained a steady level of active membership, 10 years on it goes from strength to strength.

Yardbent

Quote from: Fishtales on January 28, 2014, 09:46:30 AM

I don't get any of that....me neither

I have Adblock Plus ...and just installed ''Ghostery'' [which has blocked 10 ''trackers'' on FFF]

block third party cookies ...........how do i acccess that function on FFox ....DONE.

On the computer I have  Malware AntiMalware, Microsoft Essentials, and Super Anti-Spyware Pro

cheers.john

SteveF

Quote from: Fishtales on January 28, 2014, 09:46:30 AM
I don't get any of that :)

I have Adblock Plus on both PC's and the Tab. I use Opera set to block third party cookies (i.e. cookies that aren't from the site domain itself) and a 'do not track request'. These are set up in Opera settings.
On the computers I have Iobit Malware fighter, Microsoft Essentials, Comodo Firewall and Advanced System Care all running in the background. On the Tab I have Adblock Plus, Advanced Mobile Care and avast! Mobile Security running. All these are free.

Or get a Mac. No separate malware, firewall or anti-virus software needed its all built in. There are even 3 layers of malware protection :D

Go To Front Page