News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Six nations

Started by Suki1312, February 02, 2014, 04:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki1312

Any rugby fans on the forum , I'm not a mad fan but always keep a keen eye on the six nations . Always start with great optimism for Scotland every year , but it's usually away by the end of the first game . Been a long time since that magical day at murrayfield .  :D
Every day is a school day

scobo

Quote from: Suki1312 on February 02, 2014, 04:15:01 PM
Always start with great optimism for Scotland every year , but it's usually away by the end of the first game .

Not looking much different this year either going by this afternoon's game.  :(
Scott

"Fly fishing is my prozac"

Suki1312

Shabby again wee fight with Italy for the wooden spoon :D
Every day is a school day

scobo

Ireland were slow to start but once they did it was all one way. Scotland never in it in the second half.
Scott

"Fly fishing is my prozac"

Inchlaggan

Quote from: borderbob on February 02, 2014, 05:09:08 PM
Just heard the halftime presenter (talking about the tennis) "If Murry wins,england go through" If he doesnt know he shouldnt be on the BBC
Spotted that one, it is also on the MSN homepage- "England's first potential victory over the US in the Davis Cup since 1935".
On yirsel Andy.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

burnie

Scotland just seem to be lacking in that cutting edge to score, after the performances this weekend, Ireland and France look to be in front, can't see Wales winning in Dublin next week.

emc

When did the guy in the middle of the front row stop being the hooker to become the thrower.

Quote from: Suki1312 on February 02, 2014, 05:51:07 PM
Shabby again wee fight with Italy for the wooden spoon :D

On todays performance I wouldn't bet against the Italians.

mackiia1

Quote from: burnie on February 02, 2014, 06:02:25 PM
Scotland just seem to be lacking in that cutting edge to score, after the performances this weekend, Ireland and France look to be in front, can't see Wales winning in Dublin next week.
I wouldn't rule Wales out - they lost their first game last year and went on to win the Championship.
I am delighted we won today but won't get carried away - we beat Wales last year and then fell apart.
England lost yesterday but should have won and they will still be in the mix at the end .
France will be buoyed by yesterdays win and won't be as bad as last year.
Italy may cause an upset along the way but that's about it.
Scotland - unless they take some of the chance's they create will struggle but may surprise someone at Murrayfield

That's my 'EXPERT ' opinion . :worried

burnie

Scotland will always raise their game in the Calcutta Cup and this is not a very good England team at the moment, but they have to play with some skill and not just at three hundred miles an hour. It's all too lateral, rarely beating players on the gain line. Denton apart, they just seemed to go wide too soon and not move forwards.

Noddy

That was the poorest lineouts I have seen from Scotland in years.  It was not that long ago that they were one of the best at the lineout. 

Jim

Go To Front Page