News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Six nations

Started by Suki1312, February 02, 2014, 04:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waafisher

Aye its a bad day for Scottish sport with the rugby result in Dublin and now Andy Murray defects to England. Still his next defeat will see him Scottish again!

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/tennis/455395/Andy-Murray-holds-the-key-to-England-s-Davis-Cup-hopes
waafisher

Inchlaggan

'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

burnie

So much London tosh, Scotland will get better with a decent coach, the one they have is pretty useless, these players deliver for their clubs pretty well(well the ones not at Edinburgh tend to). England ground them into a very poor pitch and that is due to be replaced, expect some fireworks in Italy in 2 weeks as that is a GOT TO WIN match.

Bobfly

Points scored so far from two games:-

France  56
Ireland  54
England  44
Wales  26
Italy  25
Scotland  6
:( :( :( :(
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

I blame Westminster and in particular the Tories. And let's not forget weapons of mass destruction.    :roll:

How anyone can get so uptight about things like rugby or football escapes me. Take up trout fishing. Shit, I just remembered that,   like rugby, New Zealand imported that from us and does it better too.   :lol:

burnie

Quote from: admin on February 10, 2014, 02:06:53 PM
I blame Westminster and in particular the Tories. And let's not forget weapons of mass destruction.    :roll:

How anyone can get so uptight about things like rugby or football escapes me. Take up trout fishing. Shit, I just remembered that,   like rugby, New Zealand imported that from us and does it better too.   :lol:

Ach New Zealands fish are all stockies from Leven Fred, they don't count(indeed a lot of their rugby players are stockies from the Pacific Islands too come to think of it. Not good old English names like Tuilagi or Vunipolo??)

Wildfisher

TBH I'm surprised Scotland do as well as they do at rugby. It's a minority sport from Edinburgh and the borders. It's really not popular to any great extent in the rest of the country. Precious few Scots play it, fewer now than ever.  John Beattie was discussing this today on Radio Scotland. Participation wise it's in crisis.

Anyone who has been to New Zealand will tell you that every town,  township, cluster of houses seems to have a rugby pitch. It's massively popular and always on TV. That's why they are good at at. If it came to drinking competitions we Scots would excel. Mind you the Kiwis and Aussies are damned good at that too.  :lol:

Suki1312

Quote from: admin on February 10, 2014, 04:45:37 PM
TBH I'm surprised Scotland do as well as they do at rugby. It's a minority sport from Edinburgh and the borders. It's really not popular to any great extent in the rest of the country. Precious few Scots play it, fewer now than ever.  John Beattie was discussing this today on Radio Scotland. Participation wise it's in crisis.

Anyone who has been to New Zealand will tell you that every town,  township, cluster of houses seems to have a rugby pitch. It's massively popular and always on TV. That's why they are good at at. If it came to drinking competitions we Scots would excel. Mind you the Kiwis and Aussies are damned good at that too.  :lol:

As you say it's all down to what the country take on as there national sport , New Zealand is very much rugby orientated hence they are the best in the world . Scotland on the other hand , we'll its eh eh eh , i will get back to you on that one  :D
Every day is a school day

scobo

Quote from: Suki1312 on February 10, 2014, 05:42:36 PM
As you say it's all down to what the country take on as there national sport , New Zealand is very much rugby orientated hence they are the best in the world . Scotland on the other hand , we'll its eh eh eh , i will get back to you on that one  :D

...... curling !   :D

Edit : Oh wait, we just got hammered by Sweden in the Olympics.  :pat
Scott

"Fly fishing is my prozac"

Bobfly

I do not know the current stats but quite recently is was the case that the Bath local league area had more registered players than all the Scottish clubs combined.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page