News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Six nations

Started by Suki1312, February 02, 2014, 04:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobfly

Edge of seat stuff !!!
The best point all season for sure !!!
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

Crawhin

We really shouldn't have put ourselves in that position with such a passive and weak first half.  The tackling was still rubbish but a much better abrasive forwards performance in the second 40. And Dunbar a new hero.  The wee man with no neck showed superb composure to land a - far from easy - last minute drop goal there to snatch victory and actually the hooker had a decent game too and hit his marks in the line-out (much better than Ford) and was good round the park (even with the boot). 
But the fact that we're getting excited about an Italy win says a lot about where we are in the rugby world now.  :-(   I'm currently in Rabat in Morocco for the next few months and must go round and apologise to the new neighbours later for all the shouting and swearing!!  :oops:

Suki1312

Still the same old handling and decision making mistakes in the last 22  . But second half was more like it , best ive seen for a couple of years . It might only be Italy but not many teams get an easy game there now . Onwards and upwards  :D
Every day is a school day

Wildfisher

I see we have been drawn with Republic of Ireland, Germany, Poland, Georgia and Gibraltar in the 2016 European Championship qualifiers. Tough group, but that's good. At football, Scotland tends  to perform better against better sides.

Suki1312

Thought it wasn't too bad vying with Poland and Georgia for second . For once in a while I'm quite optimistic
Every day is a school day

Wildfisher

Quote from: Suki1312 on February 23, 2014, 04:43:04 PM
For once in a while I'm quite optimistic

Strachan has something that the previous few managers have lacked. The respect of his players. He was one of the best players Scotland ever produced and has also managed at top club level, they know that. Don't know if they will qualify or not, but like you I am more optimistic than I have been for a long time.

burnie

Great game for the neutral to watch, both sides played well, but Scotland seemed to sit back in the second half and gave the French a chance. Unfortunately they took it.

Robbie

After such a promising start it was an extremely demoralising second half. Some poor decision making and execution through away what should have been a convincing victory.

Wildfisher

I'm no rugby fan, but it was a great first half.

Go To Front Page