News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Durness and Kinlochbervie Angling Club

Started by scotgillespie, March 31, 2014, 03:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotgillespie

Forgive me for I've not been around these parts for a wee wile (such errant nonsense as having to do some DIY, concentrate on the day job etc has been filling my wee head).

Anyways, one other thing I have been up to is knocking up a website for the said Durness and Kinlochbervie Angling Club, anyone who wants to take a wee peek it on:

http://dklbac.weebly.com/

Okay, I'll promise to get back to fishing now...

alancrob

It is good to be able to see clearly where to fish and where to get tickets. I have always felt it was a difficult place to get info for. I have to say, it is not cheap!

There have been many discussions on this forum about the cost of "wild" fishing and what do you get for the money. I can see where there is a boat that there needs to be a cost. £10/ day for bank fishing on a wild loch? Hmmm.

A.

loch coulter

regarding rules,4/ if someone you dont "like" wants to go out in the boat do you have to row ashore and pick him or her up to go out with you! 4/special, if the person who has used the boat before you has not reported any damage they have caused and you fail to notice said damage are you liable! 1/why do people say a brace and then in brackets they put "2", is it a snobby thing , why not just put 2 or whatever number you mean, at school when i was there 2+2 was 4, 2+a brace was f...k me, havent a clue. 3/dont frighten the fish!how can you tell when a fish is frightened. does it scream, shout for its mammy or daddy or run away and hide, a fish i think gets a bigger fright when it snaffles a wee hairy thing and tries to swim away with it and is pulled back by some unknown force, so i think you need to have a wee look at your rules and keep things simple. p.s. not sure on this but you maybe have to supply life jackets under the health and safety regulations if you are hiring boats.

tommy :crap

Wildfisher

Nice site.    :D

I don't think the prices are too bad to be honest and if I did  I just wouldn't go. I probably wouldn't  go anyway as those  lochs are nothing special and not really worth the trip north. They are certainly no different or better than 1000s of other lochs up and down the land.

scotgillespie

Thanks.

The annual subs are actually a better bet (last year £40 from memory - though I haven't paid this years yet).

Rules, aah you should see some of the ones on some professional bodies I used to be a member of - one had a whole section on what was basically fraternal expectations....

Go To Front Page