News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

delivery to scotland

Started by loch coulter, March 31, 2014, 09:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Quote from: Inchlaggan on April 01, 2014, 06:41:14 PM
Asda will for £2.50.
Not  bad deal.   :8)

Yes it is annoying, but, to be brutal, where we live is a choice we make.

Up at the old homestead I had acres of land, views to die for, was only 10 minutes from The Don, 30 minutes from the Deveron,  I could  grow and sell  plants with ease that other growers  in areas with cheap courier services, high  speed broadband and mains gas could only dream about.  In short we make our choices and  there is nothing much you can do about  remoteness other than choose to leave it because the financial costs of remaining in it are not going to come down no matter who is in charge.

Midgie Hater

Quote from: admin on April 01, 2014, 08:07:05 PM
Yes it is annoying, but, to be brutal, where we live is a choice we make.

Sometimes yes, but not in every case. If someone is on a low income, elderly or disabled, or has important local connections or caring responsibilities for another family member then choice doesn't come into it. Oh, and there's also employment :)

Wildfisher

Quote from: Midgie Hater on April 02, 2014, 08:06:24 PM
and there's also employment
Agreed, but  very often people have to move to where the jobs are. Waiting for a job to come to you is not an option.  :D

Midgie Hater

That's true (as I know all-too-well!), but I meant actually already having a job in a certain area, which then pays the rent or mortgage and living costs etc. as opposed to steadfastly remaining in one place regardless of the jobs market. Mind you, from my work at CAB it's easy to see that those people on very low incomes find relocating to where the job prospects might be better is also prohibitive purely because they are on a low income and can't afford to relocate in the first place. Something of a "chicken and egg" situation, and frustrating and demoralising for said clients who are desperate to become re-established again. But anyway this is an aside - and entirely my fault  :lol:

Inchlaggan

'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Wildfisher

Love the soundbite

"Rob Gibson, the SNP MSP for Caithness, Sutherland and Ross, said fairer parcel delivery charges and not a change in postcode was needed."

Does he mean like Royal Mail, a universal service where the vast UK user base  in London, Glasgow,  Edinburgh etc pay more in order to subsidize the losses incurred in serving  remote areas? 

Wildfisher

The postal system within Italy has a dreadful reputation. It's not at all unusual for online / mail order retailers to refuse to send goods there.

Bobfly

Alan - you should surely have "taken it up" with the lady. Perhaps offered her something ??
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Bobfly

You could have played on their maternal instincts and asked them to rub in something to help. :D :D
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Inchlaggan

Quote from: Alan on April 05, 2014, 12:56:35 AM
i got to know a few locals in the village when i was there, one thing that amused them was the way i bled when i shaved,
So. Let's get this right. "I got to know" means that they were in the bathroom watching you shave of a morning and there were "a few" such Italian spectators over a period of 14 days. Correct?
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Go To Front Page