News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Catch, escaped, caught again and happy released

Started by Buanán, August 04, 2014, 03:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buanán

Was down the shore on the salt marsh having a cast today but there didn't seem to be much doing. Anyway I hooked a tiddler but didn't notice until the back cast :roll:

Got a hold of the cast with said tiddler wriggling on the hook so I dipped my hand in a handy brackish puddle before handling the wee trout but it dropped off into the puddle.

The tides have backed off at the moment so it isn't covering this part of the shore at present and I reckoned the wee trout wouldn't survive long enough for it to be rescued by the next covering tide. I tried guddling it but the poor wee thing wasn't for settling.

I gave it half an hour and eventually managed to catch it by hand when it got caught in some marsh grass, then I put it back in the burn from where it came.

I'd have felt bad leaving it to die in the warm stinky puddle.

Allan Crawford

welldone Willie lot of wee fish about with every high tide

Buanán

Aye, a sure fire sign that there's nothing big mooching around, them tiddlers.

I always have a cast at the hole, just where the bank breaks and the left hand run leaves the main burn it's around 4' deep there hard into the bank, if I get nothing I always take as a good sign that there maybe something doing. Every now and then though there a decent fish sat there, usually at the back end of the season.

There was a fish of perhaps a pound and a half jumping in the sea but the wind was too fierce to cast anywhere near it.

Go To Front Page