News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Wee bit of fishing

Started by superscot, August 07, 2014, 11:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superscot

If you have the odd pound or two doing nothing have your own private loch
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-31393338.html

[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

300K for a river with no fish in it seems a tad steep. Prior to salmond farming this was one of the best sea trout systems in the highlands. I recall  it moving with fish during one visit in September 1980.

Wildfisher

Quote from: claretbumble on August 07, 2014, 11:59:52 AM
Nice part of the world, though  :D

Indeed it is, but so far I've been able to visit it without spending 300K  :D  The river is not worth fishing, it was 30 years ago, but not now.

If I had a spare 300K I'd buy a house in New Zealand and spend 6 months of the year there and the other 6 months in Scotland.

superscot

Seems to be slightly over priced at 300k but like everything else you will get someone from down south willing to have there own wee Highland retreat to them selves. Plenty of commercial properties on the go the now as in hotels.

Wildfisher

It may be the owners are trying to preempt possible changes to the land reform act. One proposal is to tie salmon fishing  to landownership  in the same way trout fishing already is. This would mean fishing could not be sold separately. This is exactly the kind of change struggling families  living in damp tenements in Dundee and Glasgow have been demanding for years.

Bobfly

But it certainly goes to show how "in touch" are our representatives.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page