News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

dour lochs

Started by andy m, August 19, 2014, 09:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy m

has anyone  had any luck when fishing so called dour lochs, with say resivior type flies . cat whisker humongus ace of spades ect, was wondering if these type patterns would work on educated wild brown trout and what patterns have done the damage if any many thanks lads and lassies andy m

seamab

gold shuggie on a di 3, has stirred them up on occasion.. :lol:

Wildfisher

seamab

No i'm kind of average :lol:

seamab

Agree, if they're 'looking up' have had a bit success with daddies and other big leggy things, but give a bit of depth and plenty food in the lower layers, streamers and big stone clickers,weighted nymphs etc. do the do.
I reckon some 'door lochs' are just regular waters that don't give the troots enough interest with terrestrials.
However i know a few that look deid until the morauch sp.? sedge come on, then get the drag set!

Buanán

Yep, leggie foam daddies. Best flung at rising tweets, but flung at still water works too  :roll:

Allan Crawford

Maybe not what you cast but when you cast.

corsican dave

a large flask of coffee and a comfy patch of heather to sit in and watch from works for me.
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Buanán

Big flask of weak earl grey for me!!

andy m

thanks some points covered there that i have thought about before. like good bottom feeding no need to come up to the surface looking for grub . its a good feeling fishing lochs knowing that you may just get a big wild brown trout even after say twenty minutes in to your day you are slaging the loch to yourself poor loch to bright to calm fished oot by bait fishers lol . many thanks andy m

Go To Front Page