News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

A GOOD DRAM AND A GOOD BOOK

Started by andy m, October 05, 2014, 03:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

Bunnahabhain for me, 12 year old, 18 if you can afford it and 'at the loch of the green corrie' by Andrew Grieg. A biography of Norman Mccaigs holidays in assynt (sort of) written by his friend, really good and think I'll read it again now I've been up there. And just started flicking through sandisons river and lochs again...it is winter!!
I've read the 'somewhere else' rangley wilson book others have mentioned too, unusual fishing book but good

andy m

loch of the green corrie was a book that i enjoyed to lochan load . and that is a good dram that you mentioned tryed the 12 year old very good thanks andy m

burnie

Malt Whisky Companion by the late Michael Jackson( no not that one, the bearded Beer and Whisky writer) and any of the contents of your choice, Islay for me and preferably Port Ellen if I can find any at a half reasonable price.

Darwin

Aberlour a'Bunadh is a nice one to have.  After working on a PC all day I don't care to read as much as I used to   :(

SoldierPmr

Thought I'd give a Spey side malt a try and got Aberlour and to be honest it's much better than I was expecting any others along these lines too try?

sinbad

Springbank for a dram close to my heart, won a bottle for best trout of the week at Garvault Hotel one year and just got another bottle from my brother for christmas. Reading Raw Spirit by Iain Banks at moment.

burnie

Quote from: SoldierPmr on December 18, 2014, 07:20:20 PM
Thought I'd give a Spey side malt a try and got Aberlour and to be honest it's much better than I was expecting any others along these lines too try?

Try Mortlach if you like that one

Part-time

Quote from: SoldierPmr on December 18, 2014, 07:20:20 PM

Having previously worked in Strathspey for quite a long time I can confirm there's quite a few for you to try :D 

Less well known than some, Tamdhu and Aultmore are worth a try. Of the main ones Glenlivet is still my favorite.

east wind

I'm liking a Glen Moray at the moment. Not bad at all for £20 from ASDA.

Hard for me to settle and read like I used to, but just now I've finally got round to David Niven's The Moon's a Balloon. Fascinating and very funny.
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

andy m

east wind i have just recived a 10 year old glen moray for xsmas lol . the david niven book i read years ago yes it is a fun book thanks andy m

Go To Front Page