News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

land locked salmon

Started by loch coulter, November 14, 2014, 07:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loch coulter

just seen a video with paul young catching"land locked atlantic salmon" in some pond near liverpool, i have seen a few of his videos and some have been not too bad but when it comes to this its time he gave it up! :x

SoldierPmr

I remember that one reminds me of rainbow fishing. But compared to most fishing program's his is still one of the best.

I caught a landlocked sea trout out of my clubs stocked water. Apparently they get stuck when the river joins up and they stay for a couple of years.

haresear

Yes, these stocked fish in big puddles are just playing at it.

A guy at work was very impressed by the size of some exotic Amazonian fish Jeremy Wade, the  River Monsters guy had caught. My workmate was surprised when I showed him the "fishing resort", complete with platforms and huts that he caught it from.

The fishery was in Thailand and the fish had been transported from all over the globe. Just another  stockery really. Different fish, but you couldn't really take that fishing seriously, no matter the size of the fish.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

I'm never sure what to make of Jeremy Wade's programmes to be honest. I seldom watch them, same with Robson Green.  Paul Young sometimes seems a bit uncomfortable, perhaps a touch embarrassed which is odd for a professional actor.

Highlander

Thankfully these other than a few still in Englandshire  stopped this nonsense years ago.
Even the term Land Locked is a misnomer in the UK. The true Landlock Salmon I believe is quite common in some water in the USA & Maine in particular where they are caught by trolling lage flies. Ours are basically farmed Salmon bought in & stocked accordingly.
There was a loch in Scotland many years ago Cardeny across the road from Buterstone part of a large shooting estate.
They stocked with huge Rainbows & Brown Trout & introduced Salmon to boot. Now this was back in the late 60s.
I fished the loch on some occasions as a guest in the 90s but the Salmon had long gone but the owner at the time  stocked with large Rainbows & occasionally large Browns even though there was wild fish present. I wont mention sizes but lets say some were very big.
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Go To Front Page