News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Fxxking Currys

Started by Bobfly, December 31, 2014, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobfly

17th November we ordered a new built-in double oven and hob from from Currys to replace 24 year old ones now both fairly knackered. Ordered them to be in plenty of time for a busy Xmas with 8 folks staying at the house then and a party organised for twenty folks between Xmas and New Year.  First delivery date quoted was Nov 21st, date missed. Promised to look into it then told it has to be imported from Bosch, none in stock after all, sorry about that. Dates missed by Currys etc etc. but hob could be done on Dec 12th and oven promised a couple of days later. Hob installed on 12th. No oven to follow but "found in Glasgow depot" on 16th Dec. I have made about 11 phonecalls in between times over the weeks to get updates and find out what is happening. Would install for sure on 20th. Date missed by Currys. Would absolutely guarantee to install on 23rd without fail. Two text messages sent to us on 22nd and 23rd confirming installation would take place. Morning of 23rd, shortly after text confirming will be with you today comes a phonecall from Currys in Glasgow - very sorry but we cannot now find your oven and can only confirm to you that it has definitely not been loaded for delivery to you today.
I cancelled the order and they have processed a refund.
I reordered an oven today from John Lewis.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Hoolet

Sorry to hear that Vaughan ....typical of that company in my experience though,
Anyway Happy New Year when it comes.

George.
Ye Canny Fry A Rise!

east wind

Yes, not nice at all.

Similar story. Father in Law (89) required a fridge freezer in a hurry. Curry's emailed a delivery. Day before got a email saying can't make delivery. Phoned them up and was told it was not in stock with no idea when it would be. Cancelled the order over the phone, guy could not give a monkey's. At the time my Mother in Law's cancer had just about taken her.

Complained online. Nothing, they even continued to advertise the item as in-stock on the website

I'm done with them, not because of their politics or dodgy tax practices, but because they really don't care about customers.

PS Try appliances online for white goods and other stuff.
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

Noddy

Another place to try online is Coop electrical.  Ordered a hob and oven in the morning of Thurs 18th Dec, both delivered on Sat 20th at approx. 9am.  Got a text the night before informing me of the 1 hour delivery slot.  Oven was fine but could not get the hob installed manufacturers problem not the Coops. 
Ended up on Monday morning phoning manufacturer and Coop with no resolution for the problem.  Got back onto the Coop and asked for the hob to be replaced with a different make which was slightly more expensive, this was at approx. 1.30pm.  Customer service put me on hold, when he came back apologised for the delay.  He was checking availability and delivery, got the hob the following morning (23rd Dec) at 10.30am.  Also got a 50% off the difference in cost between the two hobs.

Jim

Bobfly

The surprising thing, as mentioned above, is that when I contacted the Sheffield centre to cancel the order the lady there said goodness you have been very patient with us, that is over five weeks now and I would have cancelled long ago !!
Never again with Currys !!

bushy palmer

Quote from: Bobfly on December 31, 2014, 06:17:07 PM

I reordered an oven today from John Lewis.

Good luck with that :(

Currys are the pits but I've NEVER heard a good word about JL's service!

https://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.johnlewis.com

Bobfly

Complaining to Currys HQ was the plan once we are back to normal again. I have a lengthy list of contact dates and who said what when since keeping notes is a habit I have long had !!
The last appliance we got came from Appliances Online and they seemed to be pretty good.

Bobfly

Not really possible to put your Currys' oven in the boot of your car if Currys do not have it in the first place !!!! Also quite correct that if you have an appliance that you have installed and there is a fire or some insurance claim on a newish appliance then you need to have an installation certificate or your insurer will walk away. I have had the old cooker in and out for various things over the years like a new oven main element and so on but happy to have an installation and removal for the new one. Now promised on Jan 8th from John Lewis so fingers crossed !! I have already had a two year guarantee plus various other email info items from JL and also a phone call to the house confirming the date so "seems OK" so far.

Fishtales

Quote from: Alan on January 02, 2015, 01:58:53 PM
Mine is into a 13amp terminal, the spark wired it in actually when i was fitting my kitchen, only because he was there, i still picked it up though, saves having to be in waiting for a delivery.

If it is a gas oven and hob fine as that will only be for the spark to light the gas, but for an electric oven then it should be in a 30 Amp double pole switch 300mm above the counter top with a terminal outlet behind the cooker on its own circuit to the DB. It should also be at least 6mm cable but could need larger if the oven load is high. Not knowing the wattage of the appliance makes that difficult to say. If the circuit is already there and you are just connecting it into the original terminal then you can/used to be able to do it yourself. If it is a new circuit from the DB then you will probably need an electrician to either do it or check it and give you a test certificate.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Bobfly

New Year's Eve - replacement on-line order placed with John Lewis. Confirmation offered Wed 7th Jan for delivery and installation. I thought best to give them another day so selected Thursday 8th, today, and job done and finished at 10.10am this morning !!!! That is three days after they returned after the New Year break on Monday 5th. 
Spot On Service !!!!    Mrs Bobfly much pleased  :D :D :D

Go To Front Page