News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Whisky Reviews

Started by SoldierPmr, April 17, 2015, 09:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burnie

2 things you should know about whisky
first you should not keep it in lead cyrstal decanters, the lead is dissolved into the drink and can harm you.
second when you open a whisky air gets in to the bottle and oxidises the liquid severely changing it's taste.
You will be glad to know there are also 2 solutions
first get us all round and we will drink as fast as we can to save you from certain harm
second you could give it all to me for safe disposal............................................ :crap

Laxdale

Conclusion -
When you open a bottle, stay safe and throw the cork away.

Noddy

One of my friends favorites is Old Pulteney.  I was looking on Amazon and saw Old Pulteney Stroma Malt Whisky Liqueur at £21.75, thought that's a nice present for him to try.  Anyone tried it?

Jim

arawa

Quote from: Noddy on December 02, 2020, 08:58:02 PM
One of my friends favorites is Old Pulteney.  I was looking on Amazon and saw Old Pulteney Stroma Malt Whisky Liqueur at £21.75, thought that's a nice present for him to try.  Anyone tried it?

Jim
I'm an Old Pulteney fan. I have not tried this version of their liqueur but I did an earlier one - which was not for me. Too sweet, even more so than Drambuie (which I quite like now and again with plenty of ice). But this is just my preference.

superscot

QuoteGot a 12 year old twin barrel Balvenie from my daughter and it really suits my Speyside taste.Also got a Dalwhinnie " Winter Gold" from my M.I.Law which I haven't tried yet.

Anything from Balvenie i do like the winters gold is again a nice dram ...i always say pour 3 drams in to glasses first one you taste and sip 2nd you add a splash of water ...3rd leave for 30 mins with a tad of water see what you think

Bobfly

Time to get in those supplies for Xmas .... or maybe ones to pass on to "friends" !

[attachimg=1]
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

burnie

Quote from: Bobfly on December 15, 2020, 05:20:41 PM
Time to get in those supplies for Xmas .... or maybe ones to pass on to "friends" !

[attachimg=1]
I might give the "Swally" a miss, I think that is Macallan "Gold" in disguise..........................minging stuff.

emc

My favourite malts are Talisker, Caol Ila and Bunnahabhain. Just been given an Old Pulteney 12 year old and an Auchentoshan American Oak

I'm finding the  Old Pulteney very much to my taste but there are some very derogatory comments about the Auchentoshan. Is it one to go in the raffle donation  pile?

arawa

My son and I opened a bottle of Bourbon  :shock: to see in the New Year. Rich rich and huge depth of flavour but at 65.7% it needed a lot of ice!

[attachimg=1]

Bobfly

Ooof !!!! That sounds very good. One to watch climbing up and down the inside of the glass.

Whilst in Argyll I used to do forestry work for both Islay and Jura estates and would spend evenings with the factor for both who lived at Bridgend on Islay. The estate was paid in barrels for the peat cutting rentals paid by the several distilleries. These gradually accumulated in the cellars of the big house. We would have drams of this and that was so fuming around the rim you could probably set fire to it like warmed brandy on the Xmas pud.  :D :D
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page