News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Whisky Reviews

Started by SoldierPmr, April 17, 2015, 09:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noddy

I'm finding the  Old Pulteney very much to my taste but there are some very derogatory comments about the Auchentoshan. Is it one to go in the raffle donation  pile?

My friend loves Old Pulteney got a botte of Auchentoshan hated it.  We all have different tastes on different days.  Generally like Islay malts like Laphroaig, but I'm struggling with Ardbeg Corryvreckan.

Jim

arawa

My love of Malts has not diminished but I have been thoroughly enjoying some excellent US Ryes.  This review caught my eye and I wondered if anyone has tried it? Expensive I know but it might make a good birthday present for my son; I am sure he would share  :lol: :roll: :lol:

[attachimg=1]

burnie

Quote from: arawa on April 07, 2021, 09:22:12 PM
My love of Malts has not diminished but I have been thoroughly enjoying some excellent US Ryes.  This review caught my eye and I wondered if anyone has tried it? Expensive I know but it might make a good birthday present for my son; I am sure he would share  :lol: :roll: :lol:

[attachimg=1]
I can see the place from my living room window, not tried any of their stuff, people in the trade told me their Gin and Vodka was ordinary and over priced, kinda put me off the stuff, the brothers that run it seem nice enough when I've been up there.. I've seen tractors spraying the fields with something, sort of puts me off as well.

arawa

Quote from: burnie on April 08, 2021, 10:13:48 PM
I can see the place from my living room window, not tried any of their stuff, people in the trade told me their Gin and Vodka was ordinary and over priced, kinda put me off the stuff, the brothers that run it seem nice enough when I've been up there.. I've seen tractors spraying the fields with something, sort of puts me off as well.

Thank you. It's all very well being different and I like trying new things - but it has to be good also especially at this price.

Purdie1962

I developed a taste for whisky as a bairn - my faither would give me a hot toddy for a cold and cotton soaked in whisky for toothache. I don't know why but I seemed to suffer a hell of a lot of colds when I was young. 🤣 He liked at dram as a night cap. Being Scottish and so as not to waste any my treat was to get the last dregs by turning the bottle upside down and warming it by the coal fire.😀

superscot

Well managed to get part of the collection on display

[attachimg=1]

arawa

Quote from: superscot on April 14, 2021, 09:49:22 PM
Well managed to get part of the collection on display

[attachimg=1]

So, the location for a meet is agreed  :D :D

Laxdale

Proper sized dram glasses on the speakers.

burnie

You do know it can go off and has a drink by date........................................

burnie

On another note, I am presently trying a Bunnahabhain Toiteach A Dha, peated, but gently as apposed to Ardbeg or Laphroaig hefty clout, most agreeable of an evening.

Go To Front Page