News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Whisky Reviews

Started by SoldierPmr, April 17, 2015, 09:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noddy

I picked up a bottle of Glenallachie Distillers Edition in Morrisons the other day, only £15.  Selling on some websites at £30 a bottle.  Glenallachie appears to have been a Chivas distillery now in private ownership.  Morrisons also had Loch Lomond at £18.  I'll have a wee tasting session of the Glenallachie at the weekend.

Its interesting how peoples tastes differ borderbob is the first person that I've heard of that did not take to Monkey Shoulder.  On the other hand unlike him I don't really take to the like of Chivas Royal Salute. 

Jim

burnie

Enjoying a 10 year old Ardbeg, I would enjoy it even more if they weren't trying to make their first £billion by over charging for it.

superscot

Gents had the very rare privilege of tasting a very special malt last night going by the name of Glenglassaugh 51-year-old. Simply outstanding is the only words to describe this single malt whisky. If your ever given the chance .....................take it, you won't be disappointed. Also sampled the delights of a Rosebank 25-year-old cask strength ...again stunning malt  and finished of with a Caol Ila 25 Year Old again excellent malt of choice

[attach-1]

Noddy

Superscot have you won the Euro Millions? :tongue2

Jim

burnie

I've been lucky enough to taste a few very old whiskies, most are too woody for my taste, though each will be different, I prefer the 10 to 18 years old range myself.

Highlander

That's about £150 a shot.  You won the pools? I could get 10 bottles of Morgans Spice for that wee glass...Pheeew
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Inchlaggan

When Tomdoun Hotel was still open, and stocked over 100 malts, a regular question was "which is the most expensive?". When told, an order invariably followed. Mike could have said "Bells, £50 a nip" and gotten away with it.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Bobfly

Where would the whisky industry be without empty casks from bourbon and sherry and whatever?
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

superscot

QuoteSuperscot have you won the Euro Millions?

Nope never been that lucky....a good friend of mine owns them

burnie

My brothers turned up for 10 days and he's brought me a new one "Cotswold" an English single malt that is 3(yes three) years old, I'm sure in years to come it may well get some fans, but like all youngsters, it's a bit light and tastes a bit like pear drop sweets, pleasant enough, but I think I'll open my new Ardbeg AN OA tomorrow for a proper taster.

Go To Front Page