News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Whisky Reviews

Started by SoldierPmr, April 17, 2015, 09:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierPmr

Ok so we had a good book and a good dram thread so why don't we have a whole thread dedicated to the Water of Life. Here we can post deals we see in the local markets, reviews and personal opinions of this wonderful drink with so many tastes.

SoldierPmr

My Father use to give it to me as a child maybe that's why I have a taste? :lol:

Bobfly

Highland Park ..... oh and Talisker ...... and Bowmore too ...... Balvenie worth a go .... and I like that Bruichladddich quite a lot ..... and then there are those other ones further back in the wee cupboard ...........................
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

east wind

Quote from: Roobarb on April 17, 2015, 10:00:24 PM
It all tastes like shit and I can't understand why anyone ever has it a second time!
Andy

A product with a history of world wide sales can't be shit. A personal taste sure but that applies to anything. I'm not a regular drinker of the stuff but at the right time, drank at the right pace and in moderation it is a pleasure.

Balvenie, Cragganmore, Macallan
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

SoldierPmr

Quote from: Bobfly on April 17, 2015, 11:14:02 PM
Highland Park ..... oh and Talisker ...... and Bowmore too ...... Balvenie worth a go .... and I like that Bruichladddich quite a lot ..... and then there are those other ones further back in the wee cupboard ...........................
this is exactly what I mean we all know what we like but why don't we put a in depth personal review of each single malt or even blended granular whisky's it might make us try something out of our ordinary tastes and we might just enjoy it.

sinbad

OK cragganmore is a sweeter easy drinking dram that I love with pancakes. Very smooth and a good starter for folk working their way up to isla malts.

bibio1

I loathe the stuff but can have a wee go now and then.

I did however have a night some weeks ago with a bottle of royal lochnagar. That was a revelation. So everyone has a whisky.

shanksi

Quote from: Element on April 17, 2015, 11:53:49 PM
Generally not my thing but I remember my dad bought a case of Bruichladddich about 20yrs ago, he still has a few bottles left from that - I guess that would make them near 30yrs old now! However I guess (not professing any knowledge of the subject here) that it'd not continue to age because it'd be in a glass bottle instead of a cask?
Saw the film 'The Angels' Share' the other night - a great laugh! :D

E.

You're correct that whisky only matures in the cask.  As a worker in the whisky industry (and a teetotaller) always like reading these kind of threads.

superscot

Stick to the Speysides and stay well clear of the Islays ..... :lol:

Noddy

Recently had a bottle of Scapa 16yr old, nice a bit sweet with a quite strong vanilla taste/scent.  Not my usual tipple prefer the smoky Islay malts like Laphroaig.  But I'm quite versatile can adapt quite quickly to most nice whiskies.  Is interesting with whisky, that there some whiskies in the past I did not like but now.  I think that there two factors to this, our palates change as we get older, and surely the whiskies cannot stay the same.

Jim

Go To Front Page