News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Whisky Reviews

Started by SoldierPmr, April 17, 2015, 09:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inchlaggan

'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Noddy

Tesco have Aerstone 10yr old on sale for £20 a bottle normally £30.  They have it in two variations a Sea Cask and a Land Cask.  Tried the Sea Cask it was quite pleasant. Opened a bottle of the Land Cask last night, it is nice and smokey a bit like an Islay whisky.

Jim   

Inchlaggan

ASDA online have a number of malts on offer, picked up a Bowmore 12yo normally £40 for £27.
Go."

superscot

Nice bargain will have a look

arawa

I tried this one blind on 2 whisky "connoisseur" friends  :D. They are pretty good at identifying bottles but this one really puzzled them! They ended up concluding on a Speyside.
Very nice dram. Robust, slightly sweet and it reminded me of the "Christmas pudding" Mortlachs that used to be available.

[attachimg=1]

Bobfly

Try them with some Japanese ones, they seem to be winning the international competition accolades and awards.  :D :D
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Inchlaggan

Bought myself an Indian one- Rampur- yet to try it.
Go."

emc

Love to know what a real malt aficionado thought of some of the Japanese varieties. I bought a bottle at a local independent after a wine tasting. I thought it was well on par with some Scottish malts.

arawa

Quote from: Bobfly on November 19, 2018, 05:05:31 PM
Try them with some Japanese ones, they seem to be winning the international competition accolades and awards.  :D :D

I did with a bottle my son gave me for Christmas 2 years ago. We all thought it was seriously seriously good.
Not so much a Swedish one he gave me last year - good but not so much I wanted a second bottle.
And I am afraid no-one much liked the Welsh whisky despite it getting quite good reviews.

We all absolutely love this bottling but there are no more to be had  :( :(:

[attachimg=1]

burnie

GlenAllachie is not a distillery known for many bottlings, but they have just entered the fray with a selection of fine looking drams, from 10 years upwards, rather than the glut of no age statement "lower quality" stuff from the big guns. There's 4 single barrel bottlings from different woods of your choice, all at cask strength with no chill filtering or colour added. I plumped for a 12 year old from a virgin oak barrel(only virgin I'm likely to get to grips with these days lol) at 61.7 percent, certainly clears the sinuses, very potent and at just under £50, a decent buy. There's also 3 others on offer, I forget what they were.

Go To Front Page