News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Whisky Reviews

Started by SoldierPmr, April 17, 2015, 09:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superscot

Mate gave me this for a wee fav i did for him .................not tasted as yet anyone tried
[attachimg=1]

Laxdale

Three of my mates tried this one in the last week or two. Very good apparently.

https://shop.ardgowandistillery.com/products/coppersmith

superscot

Will keep for the weekend and feed back

Bobfly

EGG CUSTARD ... SPICY PASTRY !!!!!!  Who on earth employs these label writers ???   :D :D :D
It is a bit like the wine writers every weekend coming up with all sorts of weird descriptions !  Must be like the folk who just came up with " abrdn" the other day for the investment managers.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

burnie

Quote from: superscot on April 29, 2021, 06:49:34 PM
Mate gave me this for a wee fav i did for him .................not tasted as yet anyone tried
[attachimg=1]
I have, a bit over priced I thought, but a very nice dram, different to the usual Islay malts in my opinion, a very nice gift to receive.

burnie

Quote from: Laxdale on April 29, 2021, 07:03:37 PM
Three of my mates tried this one in the last week or two. Very good apparently.

https://shop.ardgowandistillery.com/products/coppersmith
Quite pricey for a vatted malt, but some of them are very pleasant to drink, not had that one, I only buy single malts these days and haven't been in a pub for well over year to try a dram of this, will look out for it though.

Laxdale

Quote from: burnie on April 29, 2021, 10:58:25 PM
Quite pricey for a vatted malt, but some of them are very pleasant to drink, not had that one, I only buy single malts these days and haven't been in a pub for well over year to try a dram of this, will look out for it though.

The whisky sampler of Birnam sees all sorts of whisky appear at the fishing hut. Like you, we think single malts are the y to go, but just occasionally a blend appears that is drinkable. (There is a long list in the "avoid" column). So I passed on the "heads up".

superscot

Was offered this at a lovely price of the sum of £21 yes £21 bit of a bargain i would say
[attached=1]

arawa

Was in Sainsbury's today and they had a lot of malts on sale. Too many to list but some respectable names. Some prices were reduced from £42 to the £20s,, and I think some were just £20.

superscot

Ols school friend who works in the bottling plant managed to get this lot for me ...you may notice the peat  :D :D

[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page