News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Good campsites!

Started by Lochan_load, May 04, 2015, 09:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bibio1

That's the best campsite I've stayed at as well. The pub at the entrance is good too.

ideal facilities for a Fisher or a family.

Lochan_load

Quote from: admin on May 05, 2015, 06:45:08 PM

You would not be popular!  :lol:

:lol: I've become one of those folk I always moan about!

If it's similar to that lochinver road it could be a test of my pretty poor towing skills but there's a couple of lochs I have marked on my ordinance survey up there so the buggers will just have to wait  :crap

Wildfisher

If you intend towing a caravan get yourself a Grandpa Broon bunnet and you might just get away with it   :lol:

Lochan_load

A set of blinkers and some earplugs might be handy as well!

Fishtales

Came up behind a caravan on the M8 toddling along at 40MPH. Pulled out to pass him and the van was eighteen feet long at least. As I came along side I looked over and the driver was an elderly guy, grey hair and shirt sleeves rolled up. The passenger, obviously his wife, was knitting...........................he was driving a Rolls Royce :)
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Billy

We got a caravan for the first time last after a taster of hiring a mobile home for a week in 2010.

A decent site and not too far away from you is Milton of Fonab at Pitlochry. Right beside the tummel. Salmon tickets can be bought from the site but trout tickets can be bought from in the town which is only a few minutes walk away. Ideal place to cut your teeth on the caravan.
There is a fish and chip van which sits outside the site some nights. Good pubs and restaurants in the town. Lots of folk take their dogs walking down the river bank.

There is the Killin site but for fishing the river is no good for the fly. Plenty of places around about for fishing in the area though and worth taking the drive over to Glen Lyon to fish the river of the lochs.

I'm taking the caravan up to Mallaig in August for a long weekend so I'm hoping to get some fishing in there.

I'll maybe look at heading up to Scourie next year for a week.

Billy

Lochan_load

Sounds good and not as far as most of the places I want to go, I like the look of the tummel, is the trout fishing any good?

Billy

I didn't try it as i was there just out of season but talking to a few guys on the site they said the trout fishing was pretty good sport.

Nice water all along that stretch.

Handy as well for the enchanted forest thingy at the end of the year. Pubs were jumping and the main street was all lit up right through to Christmas.
We were in two pubs over the weekend and there was live music in both of them.

I,m heading over to Lagganbeg at loch lomond not this weekend but the next. Not to far from you but I reckon you'll be looking at sites a bit further away.
I have booked a boat for four hours fishing on the loch and I'll get my parents up for lunch-a-la-fresco.

Billy

emc

Quote from: Lochan_load on May 05, 2015, 10:10:39 PM
:lol: I've become one of those folk I always moan about!

If it's similar to that lochinver road it could be a test of my pretty poor towing skills but there's a couple of lochs I have marked on my ordinance survey up there so the buggers will just have to wait  :crap

Just go for it. Many years ago my mother, having recently passed her test, bought a caravan.

First trip from home, near Methven, was to Dirleton, second trip took in Poolewe and Achiltibuie. We parked at the outlet from Loch Raa, where there is now a no camping sign! She only did forward and drove from parking place to parking place. If perchance we had to reverse we just unhitched and my sisters and I would just push the caravan back to the last passing place. Highly irresponsible no doubt and probably helped by the fact there were four females in the car we never had any aggro. Even had the odd driver come to help!

South Uist - did that too - parked for two weeks by the graveyard at Daliburgh, and Loch Hallan.  :roll:

Some of the best holidays of my life - but I'm not sure you'd get away with it these days!

Billy

My wife , who is not the outdoorsey type, has really taken to it.

I think it was the trip to Scourie last year in the big tent. She loved the scenery but wanted a bit more comfort.

Its really knocked to my fishing plans for this year. I had planned to do more than ever this year but it looks unlikely.

Billy

Go To Front Page