News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Scottish Wild Fishing Survey

Started by Bobfly, May 25, 2015, 06:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobfly

A new questionnaire, via SATA, that is being carried out for Marine Scotland with the results to go the Scottish Government.

https://www.research.net/s/WildFishing-SATA
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

" to assess the value and economic impact of Wild Fishing (in rivers and lochs) in Scotland, and the future growth prospects for the sector. "

Oh dear ........................................    :roll:

After a quick look at that typical bureaucratic bullshit  that I will NOT be taking part.

Inchlaggan

and most of the questions are termed in such a manner as to only apply to VISITORS to Scotland.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Suki1312

What a waste of time and effort for somebody to even come up with this .
Every day is a school day

Wildfisher

It's worse than that Stuart or at least far more worrying. The very last thing we need is useless  politicians of any party  getting involved in wild fishing. They have already criminalised most of us either by design or through incompetence. The thought of these amateurs sticking their noses into things they don't understand or can only value in terms of money is dreadful.

Fishtales

I filled it in. I think I answered no to about everything :) When answering the first question I put Other and Wild Fishing Forum. Let them see that there are more of us out here than SATA and all the rest of them.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Suki1312

Quote from: admin on May 25, 2015, 08:40:37 PM
It's worse than that Stuart or at least far more worrying. The very last thing we need is useless  politicians of any party  getting involved in wild fishing. They have already criminalised most of us either by design or through incompetence. The thought of these amateurs sticking their noses into things they don't understand or can only value in terms of money is dreadful.

Agree with that
Every day is a school day

Bobfly

There are a number of "country sports tourism" surveys being done at the moment and this partly fits in with these.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Highlander

I thought I would give it  go just to see whats what. Gave up after 6 questions, what a load of rubbish. Yes  targeted at visitors but the visitors now are long gone.

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Mark

Its a survey to get the desired answer. Looks to me like another part of introducing a rod license.

'would you be willing spend a little more to protect fishing' yes or no.

yes- Id like to protect wild fish, and care about future generations
No - I dont care about protecting wild fish or care about future generations

Go To Front Page