News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

close season

Started by corsican dave, October 06, 2015, 09:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

there's no such thing as a close season - only closed minds  :8)

welcome to your next adventure, folks!
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Quote from: corsican dave on October 06, 2015, 09:40:12 AM
there's no such thing as a close season - only closed minds  New Zealand :8)

SoldierPmr

I'll be giving Pike ago this year I have not caught a pike since I was a kid. (Be prepared for some questions Dave  :lol:)

Lochan_load

I'll definately be having more of a go for pike this winter , If I can get some cheap stocking foot waders I'll be toughing it out on the float tube for them  :lol:

bibio1

Grayling....a stunning fish and good on the fly

corsican dave

that's the spirit chaps! tally-ho  :D
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Lochan_load

I've not caught a grayling since I was about 13, used to get them in the nith

Wildfisher

Quote from: Lochan_load on October 06, 2015, 06:15:16 PM
I'll definately be having more of a go for pike this winter , If I can get some cheap stocking foot waders I'll be toughing it out on the float tube for them  :lol:

For winter tubing you will need neoprene waders

fergie

A bit of lure fishing for pike and a few grayling trips should see me through till February when Lomond opens again.

rannoch raider

There is always the saltwater FF for Bass but it isn't looking great in my usual hunting ground this year. I've no doubt someone somewhere will have had a bumper season for them but It's been a real bummer for me. I know quite a few others who have blanked all year for them in the south west. I've pretty much thrown in the towel myself unless I meet someone who's had some joy.
I'm hearing a lot of talk about widespread  illegal razor clam fishing having a serious effect on them and on the areas they frequent.

Go To Front Page