News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

close season

Started by corsican dave, October 06, 2015, 09:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki1312

Log burner , nice malts . cuban cigars , free sky telly . What more do you need till March 15th .  :D :D
Every day is a school day

Wildfisher

Quote from: Suki1312 on October 06, 2015, 10:55:27 PM
What more do you need till March 15th .

[attachimg=1]

:8)

burnie

Cod, hoppin' around on the rocks in the pitch black fallin' on your arse in the freezin' rain, what's not to love eh?

Laxdale

Lots of beach fishing, goose blootering and maybe even sit on a pier for a skate if I can be bothered.

burnie

Quote from: Laxdale on October 06, 2015, 11:28:59 PM
Lots of beach fishing, goose blootering and maybe even sit on a pier for a skate if I can be bothered.
Which pier do you use? would it be near the fish processing factory or the other side of the road from the ferry?(Something I am thinking I might just try before by back gives out completely)

Wildfisher

After being pitifully low for months the local river is now perfect.  :roll:   :lol:

Laxdale

Quote from: burnie on October 07, 2015, 10:52:12 AM
Which pier do you use? would it be near the fish processing factory or the other side of the road from the ferry?(Something I am thinking I might just try before by back gives out completely)

The fish processing pier on Scalpay is out of bounds with a seriously grumpy manager.
The wee pier in West Loch Tarbert is where the main fishing effort is concentrated at this time of year (a 180lb fish was taken there last night).
Breasclete pier has been giving up skate regularly all summer and a 129lb male skate was taken there on Monday night.
There are plenty other places where skate can be hooked.....its getting them ashore that can be a problem!

Wildfisher

Peppo's fish and chip shop in Arbroath used to do a superb skate supper.  :D

speydulika

Gentlemen if I may respectfully offer an opinion. I meet a lot of anglers who wax lyrical about fishing in the depths of winter for 'the lady of the stream'. Most of these poor saps have never ever done it. Standing bollocks deep in a freezing cold icy river trying to find fish which are shoaled up 3 miles upstream of you or 2 miles downstream of you is not fun. It hurts and hurts a lot. If you want to fish for grayling do it now before it gets so cold that your dick freezes to your leg and the fish will still rise freely for hatching flies. My other issue is the fact that grayling are not ladies of the stream they are in fact greedy bastards that eat loads of chowder. If you fish rivers where there are grayling in numbers then trout don't get a look in cos most of the grayling that I have encountered can fight a badger  :shock:

Happy fishing  :D

Wildfisher

Great post, cheered me up no end!    :lol:

Go To Front Page