News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

close season

Started by corsican dave, October 06, 2015, 09:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noddy

You won't get me wading in the winter, I prefer trotting for grayling from the bank.  It still can be bloody cold tho!

Jim

bibio1

I love it on those really cold days when the sun shines and there's no wind.  Happens about once every 5years though

corsican dave

Quote from: admin on October 06, 2015, 08:11:41 PM
For winter tubing you will need neoprene waders
I use a pair of mountain hardwear compressor pants under waders and kayaking/canoeing. just had a google and they're difficult to find now. i'll have a word with my MH mate and see what's new....
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

speydulika

Quote from: bibio1 on October 07, 2015, 04:06:09 PM
I love it on those really cold days when the sun shines and there's no wind.  Happens about once every 5years though

This one made me laugh so much I just had to see the post repeated  :lol:

speydulika

It is still salmon season pretty much everywhere.  Why don't you all go and do some proper fishing for a proper species?
I'll get my coat

corsican dave

Quote from: speydulika on October 07, 2015, 04:31:48 PM
It is still salmon season pretty much everywhere.  Why don't you all go and do some proper fishing for a proper species?
it's a bit one-dimensional tho', ain't it? and those fleas are a bit poofy too.... :lol:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Tomorrow I may well be doing just that ..............................   :8)

Laxdale

I'll get my coat

Still got 4 days kipper pestering on the Tay and 3 on the S Esk to look forward to.
Think I shall try and get  fish on a Peter Ross to annoy the purists.

Wildfisher

Quote from: Laxdale on October 07, 2015, 04:55:20 PM
Think I shall try and get  fish on a Peter Ross to annoy the purists.

I'll be  sticking with the black Flying C tomorrow.

speydulika

Quote from: admin on October 07, 2015, 05:04:06 PM
I'll be  sticking with the black Flying C tomorrow.

Burn the heathen, burn him, burn him burn him

Go To Front Page