News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

close season

Started by corsican dave, October 06, 2015, 09:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

I see you're expecting to lose a few, then?
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Probably, but the actual number lost will depend on how long I  last before my tits fall of with the  boredom of it.   :lol:

As long as I don't lose the anti-kink vane, I only have the one.

I have had some of those lures since I was at school in the 1960s.  :shock:

Problem I have is I find anything other than fly fishing so tediously boring I don't do much of it. Winter sea bait fishing for example - come on - how ******* dull is that?  We have arguably  the best cod fishing in Scotland here, but lobbing out bait and standing around on the beach or rocks I can only do once or twice a year and never alone - it's a social occasion first, fishing second.

I'm afraid I am a dyed in the wool trout fly fisher, mainly river,  and the colour is so fast it's indelible.   :lol:

lnelson20

Quote from: corsican dave on October 08, 2015, 10:02:10 AM
much more like it! tight lines, Chris!  :D

no sense of adventure these salmon fishers; turn up in their horse-drawn range rovers, waddle down manicured lawns to a gravel-bedded pool, wave their rods around for a few mins to the approving nods of their serf ghillie, then waddle out for a slap-up lunch in a luxury hut. repeat ad-nauseum.... day after day, year after year..... :roll: zzzzzzzzz
It will be the train a corn dobbie sandwich and a flask for me Dave :D

Chris.
c.nelson

Noddy

Fred its a pity you don't have the original box for that Abu Krill. I believe that you can get a few quid for them on flee bay.

Jim

Wildfisher

Well, nothing worth reporting today. The river was perfect and I didn't see a fish.

I reckon the great river fly fishing goddess Elitis smote me down for worshiping the false gods Flying C and Rapala.   :lol:

Fantastic day out though. I walked  for miles in the warm sun. What a tonic!  Not a breath of wind or a single wind turbine, of which there are many up by the Bervie, was seen to move.  :roll:

The new Daiwa 8 foot spinning rod I got the other day is very nice. Perfect length and weight for these small waters.

Billy

Fred,

PM me your address as I might have a few anti-kink vanes in an old box I have and I'll send them through.

They are only gathering dust with me .

Billy

Wildfisher

It's  OK Billy I had a few on order from FleaBay, they were here when I got home. Many thanks for the offer.  :D

speydulika

Condoms? Anti kink vanes? You are a big bunch of hairy northern hooligans. Go and chuck a fly at them. It works wonders and is good for the soul. Maybe some of you will see the bright bright light and stop chasing those dirty spotty brown vermin. Inside every trout angler is a salmon angler dying to be set free. Don't fight it brothers do mot fight it  :crap

Wildfisher

Quote from: speydulika on October 08, 2015, 06:37:00 PM
You are a big bunch of hairy northern hooligans.

Obviously you have met us then?   :lol:

SoldierPmr

I'm sick of all the Salmon coming into my country and steeling all our brown trouts jobs :lol:

Go To Front Page