News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

River Gryffe, no Salmon killed for the next five years

Started by Highlander, January 11, 2016, 04:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Quote from: Laxdale on January 12, 2016, 02:39:37 PM
Unless "the minister" is speaking with an even more forked tongue than usual

You should never trust a Mcleod, remember it was they who betrayed Montrose.    :lol:

Laxdale

Interestingly, one of the things that is filling the LLAIA with dread is the prospect of a DSFB/FMO.
It should also worry any clubs on rivers outwith DSFBs
Why?
Precisely because they will lose control of the management of their rivers and running costs will go up.
With no improvement to the fishing.

bibio1

Quote from: Laxdale on January 12, 2016, 05:16:37 PM
Interestingly, one of the things that is filling the LLAIA with dread is the prospect of a DSFB/FMO.
It should also worry any clubs on rivers outwith DSFBs
Why?
Precisely because they will lose control of the management of their rivers and running costs will go up.
With no improvement to the fishing.

On the contrary I think it'll be positive. That's why I'm so incensed at the tweed allegedly being excluded. If you exclude arguably the most productive wild fishery from the legislation what's the point in having it.it's going to be.like taxing every coffee shop in the high street except Costa or Starbucks.  Fk....That's what they do already.

bibio1

That is a very real danger but if you compare the tweed commissioners rolling in clover against those in the scabby burn with fk all you'll understand why reform is so attractive.

Wildfisher

Laxdale

No-Police Scotland, more like!
Just the same as it will be no-bailiff Scotland IF the worst excesses of the WFR are implemented.

I may be wrong, but in areas where there is currently no Fisheries Board, no levy gets paid?
Once you get your FMO, you will have to pay for it!

corsican dave

Quote from: Roobarb on January 13, 2016, 12:21:45 AM
but that will never happen this side of a major reduction in the human population :shock:
Andy
that, Andy is the elephant in the room which I fear no-one will address before it's too late....
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Bobfly

I was at the local club's AGM last night and there is an almost full-time warden paid for by RFDSFB who covers all of the Forth's twelve rivers.....  :( :(  That said, he is recruiting warden assistants who will be given training courses and have some legal standing. The local board is paid for by levies to the local clubs and owners.

The other elephant has been around for a long time !! Population control used to be a really important talking point but has sadly fallen by the wayside long since.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

Ignoring  the rights or wrongs of it for a moment I'd guess the Tweed exemption  is also good for those who fish for trout on the river. If the S.G. did a Robin Hood job on their funds the lost revenue would have to be made up somehow and it is very likely that the trout fishing leases would be hiked as well as the salmon rents.

As far as population goes we in the west and in China  have controlled our family sizes for a very long time now. My mother was one of 6 sisters and one brother. Many other cultures and religions still have huge families for their own reasons.

bibio1

Quote from: Laxdale on January 13, 2016, 10:42:15 AM
No-Police Scotland, more like!
Just the same as it will be no-bailiff Scotland IF the worst excesses of the WFR are implemented.

I may be wrong, but in areas where there is currently no Fisheries Board, no levy gets paid?
Once you get your FMO, you will have to pay for it!

Yip, no public support at all is forthcoming. The work still needs to be done though.

Go To Front Page