News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

mighty mousin'!

Started by corsican dave, February 05, 2016, 07:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haresear

I'm going to try a mouse fly for trout in a river this year.
I do a fair bit of sight fishing when weather conditions suit, so it will be interesting to watch the reactions of trout to the moose.

Come to think of it, the South Uist trout might be in for a shock in September :)

Alex
Protect the edge.

rannoch raider

I've caught a pretty modest sized trout from the Lyon years ago which had the remains of a tiny mouse like creature in it. It also had the remains of what looked like a small frog. It creeped me out a wee bit ! :shock:
I caught it on a small spider wet fly.

corsican dave

Quote from: Element on February 07, 2016, 12:33:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G75Y4FCzJDw

Not too far different..
yep, bring on the upper spey!  :8) how come uk guides are never this cool?
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

corsican dave

If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

haresear

Protect the edge.

rannoch raider

That's a couple of cracking vids you've posted Dave. I'll bet the mousing would have it's moments over here too. Look at the way sea trout slash at big floating muddlers in the dark. It would probably take a bit of firm resolve to stick at it for a few nights in decent conditions. That would be difficult if the river was louping with fish hitting sedges and the like.

shad

Aye that one has a great wiggle in the current,bet it would work fished on a sinking line as well as on the surface.

Go To Front Page