News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

a braw ale

Started by andy m, February 23, 2017, 04:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy m

it seems that the micro brewerys are doing well these days. most stores have a good selection of fine bottled ales. i try to taste a new one often and have found some cracking beers. was wondering what good ales have yous lads and lassies tried that is worth trying . i have noticed as well that some of the beers have a good dunt to them 6/vol and higher in some cases. i used to like a strong ale called fowlers wee heavy but think its no longer brewed, cheers andy m

Inchlaggan

If you are in the Callendar area or passing through call in at the Lade Inn- just north of Callendar at Kilmahog it can be seen on your left. Open from 12 noon they have an extensive selection of Scottish real ales to browse in a little shop beside the inn.
Get there soon, the inn is up for sale. They are also online, but shipping costs, whilst reasonable considering, may put you off.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

silverbutcher

Adnams ghost ship. £1:50 a bottle in Tesco.

Billy

arawa

Orkney Dark Island Reserve.
Definitely not a fighting beer!! One large bottle and I go to sleep very happily. :D :D

Wildfisher

Actually, it's hard to find a bad one these days. Bottled ale has come a long way.   Alex put me on to this one, it is very nice.

http://www.williamsbrosbrew.com/beer/joker-ipa

silverbutcher

Yes Fred. williams bros have a few nice ones. Drinking one of theirs now, Birds & Bees.
Billy

Lochan_load

The joker IPA is my joint favourite along with Caesar Augustus also by Williams brothers, it's a lager IPA hybrid (so the bottle says) and its nectar!

Clan Chief

Just sat down to the browse the forum and have these as I have a day off work tomorrow and I come across this thread!

fergie

Caesar augustus and birds and bees are my go to beers just now. :P  Schahialion is pretty good too

Lochan_load

Schihallion is another belter!

Go To Front Page