News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

a braw ale

Started by andy m, February 23, 2017, 04:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

I'll keep an eye out for them bob so sure I will have tried them before September.....bring some anyway  :lol:

superscot

Have to admit have really got right into the bottled ales now on sale,and do like this one old jock ale has to be really chilled down and washed down with a singlemalt of choice not much to beat it

[attachimg=1]

fergie

Quote from: superscot on February 24, 2017, 01:09:08 PM
Have to admit have really got right into the bottled ales now on sale,and do like this one old jock ale has to be really chilled down and washed down with a singlemalt of choice not much to beat it

[attachimg=1]

That stuff kicks ass.  :cheers;  That and the Mcewans champion ale.

andy m

iam impressed with the replies from the fourm thanks lads, as fred said there is not much poor ones out there. i will take a note of some of these and try a taste them. i like ipa ales and have tried some of the recommended ales, joker hop bomb dark island raven, drygate the old jock, tried a new one a few days ago belhaven twisted thistle a good ale 5.6 not a session ale but a lovely full flavored ale beer cheers andy m

Noddy

Morrisons have Marstons EPA (English Pale Ale) at 98p a bottle.  For those with a taste for Newcastle Brown Ale, Aldi do a beer called North Bridge Ale.  Not quite the same but at £1.19 a bottle you can't complain.  I usually pick up a new beer to try every so often, but my regulars are Old Speckled Hen and Hobgoblin. 

Jim

silverbutcher

Tonight's research from Lidl.
[attachimg=1]

andy m

noddy old speckeld hen is one of my favorites as well .the beers that silver butcher put up are very good, hatherwood green gecko and the panther one is a porter well worth a try. good to see so much different beers that forum members have tried and such a wide selection of beer types, cheers andy m

superscot

QuoteThat stuff kicks ass.  :cheers;  That and the Mcewans champion ale.

Has to be drank with care  :lol: Many a time up the stairs on all fours after 4 off and a few malts ......yi would sleep through an earthquake

Lochan_load

The fyne ales are all worth a try, really good stuff, I like the avalanche which is a hoppy pilsner but there's all sorts

emc

Spitfire, Nelsons Revenge and for an easy quaffer, Wherry!

Go To Front Page