News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Scottish Game Fair

Started by Wildfisher, June 29, 2017, 08:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Not really my bag, but anyone  going this year?  I believe it's this weekend.  Only £20  to get in plus £5 to park. 

superscot

Makes me laugh a fiver to park !

Robbie

I was considering it as I'd heard that they were revamping fisherman's row, however the website does not sell it well. Then I saw the prices, think i'll take to the hills instead.

Wildfisher

£25 for a few hours amongst the Ruperts & Torquils and their tail-free spaniels at the Scottish game fair or £16 for a day ticket on The Don at Kildrummy?

Mmmmm, let me see now,  have to think about that one  :think2 

Mark

I'll not be going, it only encourages them to wear more tweed. Paying for the privilege must be a form of self harm.

As for spaniels, as Irvine Welsh said' Nicky Sturgeon Puppy surgeon' has a 'Margaret Thatcher Milk Snatcher' ring to it

Wildfisher

Quote from: Mark on June 30, 2017, 10:31:59 AM
I'll not be going, it only encourages them to wear more tweed.

Quite wise IMO. It's supposed to be very scratchy against the skin. Of course I could also go and watch someone tie elaborate flies  I would never use from outrageously expensive materials, but The Don at Klldrummy is still looking like the better buy.

Mark

Could be a good day to go fishing right enough. All the Tweed lovers will be at the game fair

I suppose you'll have to try out your rod too, someone has to do it :D

Wildfisher

Quote from: Mark on June 30, 2017, 10:41:51 AM
I suppose you'll have to try out your rod too, someone has to do it :D

Indeed. However I might be missing out on the chance of material for tying that timeless salmon fishing favourte The Spaniel's Tail.

Robbie

Quote from: admin on June 30, 2017, 10:25:07 AM
£25 for a few hours amongst the Ruperts & Torquils and their tail-free spaniels at the Scottish game fair or £16 for a day ticket on The Don at Kildrummy?

Mmmmm, let me see now,  have to think about that one  :think2

The distinctly derogatory tone to this applies and very broad brush to a group of people with contains a great number of very pleasant and likable people. Posts of this nature possible say more about the author than they do about the subject.

corsican dave

well for what it's worth, i think we're going...

the forecast isn't wonderful and we're a bit fed up with damp & cold gardening. so it'll be interesting to see if they have managed to re-vamp it. either way, i'm sure we'll have fun. even if it only provides me with the opportunity to be scathingly derogatory afterwards!  :lol:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Go To Front Page