News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Scottish Game Fair

Started by Wildfisher, June 29, 2017, 08:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobfly

I am not bothered one way or another about the beavers. I was rather amused though that whilst one sector was discussing the importance of the Argyll "study experiment" of ten especially imported animals (after quarantine losses and one disappearing) there were 200 available in Tayside that needed no new public funding for their study  :roll: :roll:
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

hopper

It would be great to see a couple of beavers on the Bervie building their dam just below the old bridge at Mondynes and flood out the clown that stays there, at least he couldn't damage their dam.   :lol:

Wildfisher

Quote from: Bobfly on July 02, 2017, 11:24:53 PM
I was rather amused though that whilst one sector was discussing the importance of the Argyll "study experiment" of ten especially imported animals (after quarantine losses and one disappearing) there were 200 available in Tayside that needed no new public funding for their study  :roll: :roll:

Welcome tae Scoatlund, wha's like us?   :lol: 

corsican dave

Quote from: claretbumble on July 03, 2017, 09:37:21 AM
Back on topic .... sounds like a good day out, Dave  :D We went to Mela Festival for Indian music, dance, theatre and some top, top curries ..... also a decent day out, and we never saw a beaver or hen-harrier either!!!
it was a VERY good day out Liam! i will be sending the organizers an e-mail to compliment them & hopefully ensure it continues in the same vein going forwards. too many folks are quick to complain about stuff but not so quick to praise....
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Quote from: hopper on July 02, 2017, 11:41:41 PM
It would be great to see a couple of beavers on the Bervie building their dam just below the old bridge at Mondynes and flood out the clown that stays there, at least he couldn't damage their dam.   

Might be worth doing a bit of large rodent stocking  there Eric, in the name of biodiversity.   :lol:

Wildfisher

loch coulter

Part-time

Quote from: corsican dave on July 03, 2017, 12:38:39 PM
it was a VERY good day out Liam! i will be sending the organizers an e-mail to compliment them & hopefully ensure it continues in the same vein going fowards. too many folks are quick to complain about stuff but not so quick to praise....

Glad to hear it was a good day out Dave. I've not been to Scone or any of the other shows for years - may take a look next year. Not that bothered about the price - £15 to £20 + parking, seems pretty much the going rate for any large trade/hobby event these days.

Not everything is sweetness and light to do with shooting etc, but there is much more to it than just the stereotypes and illegal/bad practice - same as with fishing. Salmon fishing Ruperts in range rovers, calls for otter/cormorant culls, neds leaving crap at roadside lochs, wildlife wrapped in fishing line all exist but it wouldn't be fair to say that's all there is to fishing and fisherman and that we're all fine with it. 

Go To Front Page