News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Esimating weight when C&R

Started by ant0, August 28, 2017, 10:56:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

i'll chap one of the skinny ones & have a look-see
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

corsican dave

one in better condition today. i'd have said this was over a pound, but the tale of the tape tells it like it is. 14" at norm to good makes it roughly a pound.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

ant0

I'd have called that 15" looking at the tape.

So nearer 2 lb   :8)

corsican dave

i hadn't realised the tape doesn't start at 0..... doh!  :roll:  and there was me thinking i was pushing my luck on 14". thanks for pointing that out  :lol:
hopefully i'll get to see the other end of the tape on Gran Canaria next month

corsican dave

just on 17" this one. got some body about it too; although i would still give it norm, borderline good?
[attachimg=1]

SoldierPmr

Just an observation they all seem to be hen fish have you ever had a cock out of there Dave?

I'd say pun n half.

corsican dave

Quote from: SoldierPmr on September 25, 2017, 08:28:57 PM
Just an observation they all seem to be hen fish have you ever had a cock out of there Dave?

I'd say pun n half.

yes, but not this year. which is also a bit worrying. the condition of this fish from last year is superb...
[attachimg=1]

SoldierPmr

He is a handsome chap nice kype on him too.

fergie

Nice predetory looking trout there Dave.  :D

ant0

Quote from: corsican dave on September 25, 2017, 08:17:35 PM
just on 17" this one. got some body about it too; although i would still give it norm, borderline good?
[attachimg=1]

Nice fish.

I didn't get to CraigE this weekend due to the 'elevated' winds on higher ground saturday and rain on sunday, wife had other plans which I was happy to go along with.  Don't think I'll get to it now this year, so a target for next.

PS: We've finally decided our date for upping sticks and moving to Aviemore - a lot earlier than originally planned - Spring 2019.  So will look forward to much more exploring of waters in a couple of seasons.

Go To Front Page