News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Rib Charter, Ullapool

Started by bibio1, October 19, 2018, 04:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bibio1

I fancy planning a trip to some of the Summer Isles next year. Does anyone know of a charter other than Sea Expeditions that you can charter. Is there anyone local that is reliable. 

cheers

paul

Robbie

Port A Bhaigh campsite might be worth a shout, should at least be able to point you in the right direction.

Inchlaggan

Are you looking to hire a rib for a few days, or charter one?
Get a party of 10 or more together and you can get a decent vessel for sea fishing for around £50 per person per day.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

bibio1

I'm looking to go to a certain place. Get dropped off for a few days and picked up again.

Cheers

Paul

arawa

Quote from: bibio1 on October 19, 2018, 05:18:04 PM
I'm looking to go to a certain place. Get dropped off for a few days and picked up again.

Cheers

Paul

If you cannot find a charter boat willing to do this, providing your "certain place" has a pier then perhaps one of the small creel boats operating out of Ullapool or nearby will take you. The HM might be able to tell you which boats fish in your chosen area.
Just make sure you pay for both legs on the return trip :D

Ps. If it is PI you fancy visiting, there used to be an angling boat out of Scoraig that took a friend and I fishing just off it. No pier but he said he had landed there. Long time ago though.

bibio1

pi it is. 8 lochs all have trout. Feel compelled to do it.

Bobfly

Owned by the RSPB, is an SSSI and SPA. Heaving with birds and annual ringing and counts. Rocket netting sometimes out there! Could be a bit prickly at nesting and fledging time.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Inchlaggan

Pretty much nae danger through the breeding season.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Wildfisher

Only one Summer Isle has 8 lochs  and it's a major storm petrel breeding colony. 

I'd check before going anywhere near there to make sure you don't end up in front of the beak. (see what I dd there?  :lol: )

bibio1

There's always a way. It might need to be August or September but it'll be doable

Go To Front Page